ARC 15 : DEATH CYCLE

Start from the beginning

Shang Ke looked towards the direction the sound came from and saw 5 people coming out from there. There were 4 men and 1 woman, their age ranging from 25 to 40.

When the 5 people saw Shang Ke, they were first stunned before they relaxed slightly. However, they still maintained their basic vigilance.

“Lil’ bro, where did you come from? Why did you appear here alone?” The leader, who was a robust man looking around 30, sized up Shang Ke while asking.

“My partner and I got separated, so I could only return to the base first myself.” After answering, Shang Ke asked, “Where do you guys intend to go? Could you guys bring me along if it’s along the way?”

The robus man stared at Shang Ke for a while before saying, “We were also planning to return to the base. We can bring you along, but we need to check your body first to confirm that you weren’t bitten by a zombie.”

Shang Ke was silent for a moment. Then, he smiled at the only woman in their team, “Then I will trouble this sister?”

However, the woman didn’t reply. She looked towards the robust man who was leading them.

The man hooked the corner of his lips and folded his arm across the chest, “It’s not convenient for Xia Di, a woman, to check your body. It’s better if I do it.”

After saying so, he walked towards Shang Ke.

Shang Ke saw a trace of ill intention in his eyes. The other men also let out laughter of unknown meaning.

Just when Shang Ke was about to shout at him to stop, a shadow suddenly jumped out from the grove and pounced straight at the robust man.

The man leaped backwards agilely and dodged a fatal blow.

Shang Ke saw clearly what attacked the man while he was drawing out his long saber. His figure was small like an 8-9 year old child. His skin was dry and wrinkled, and the contour of his bone could be seen clearly. He has a pair of white eyes which stared at them without focus.

The most basic way to determine a zombie’s level is to look at the colour of their eye. Low level zombies have grey eyes, intermediate was white, high was red, general was purple or green and king was golden.

The zombie before them has white eyes and is of intermediate level.

“It’s a white eyes zombie. Be careful everyone!” The robust man and the rest took out their weapons one after another. Four of them were using guns and only one was using a long saber.

The zombie rushed at him again before he finished speaking. Along with his movement, a few more zombies ran out one after another from the grove.

The people started fighting the zombies. But strangely, no zombies attacked Shang Ke.

Shang Ke didn’t think that he had some special ‘free from attack’ buff. Or else, he wouldn’t have been torn up by the zombies previously.

Then, how did he explain the situation before him? Was it just a coincidence? These zombies had decided to kill those 5 first before coming to settle him?

The robust man seemed to have also noticed the oddity. While he fought, he went nearer to Shang Ke somewhat intentionally and unintentionally, trying to change the target from him to Shang Ke.

However, even when the two of them were only 5-6 meters apart, the zombies still attacked him only. It became more tragic as the zombies that were attacking the others also came and surrounded him. In the end, not only did he not lighten his own burden, the zombies attack became more concentrated and all of them focused on attacking him.