Chapter 11 - Sophia

I throw our blood stained clothes into the bin and look at my hands, although I’ve only just got out the shower I still see the blood on my hands and I wash them again. I walk into the living room where Evelynn is sat. “Well today has been stressful.” I laugh and she joins in.

We’re sat on the sofa and I hear a knock on the door, and I wonder who it is, I wasn’t expecting anyone. I stand up and walk to the front door and open it slowly. “We bought you some pick me ups.” Charlie smiles and I smile back and hold the door open letting them in.

“I got monopoly.” Noah says and I laugh. “Well, can we play it.”

“I’m up for a game.” Evelynn says.

“Yeah, me too.” I say. “What about you cowboy?” I look up at Charlie and wait for him to respond.

“I’m up for a game, but I’ll beat you all.” Charlie says as he smiles and we all take a seat around the board.

“I’d like to see you try.” I say as I smile.

“Game on, princess.” Charlie says with a smirk on his face.

We play for hours and I don’t realise how much time has passed. “I won.” Noah shouts.

“You mean you robbed the bank.” I say and Charlie laughs.

“What, I would never do such thing.”

“You do it every time.” Charlie says.

“Shh, you’re making me look bad in front of the ladies.” Noah says. “Well we better get walking back, it’s already late.”

“There is no way you can navigate your way across that field whilst you’re both as tipsy as you are right now.” Evelynn says and I laugh. It’s true, Noah can’t even stand up without almost falling, imagine what he will be like trying to walk home.

“Why don’t you stay here for the night?” I ask.

“Would you mind?” Charlie asks as he looks towards me.

“No, not at all.” I say.

“I don’t think the sofa is big enough for one of them let alone two.” Evelynn says and I look at the size of the sofa and back towards Charlie and laugh.

“Well I guess you’re just going to have to share my bed.” I say. “Evelynn, I’m sure you and Noah can figure out some sleeping arrangements.” I wink at Evelynn and she laughs whilst shaking her head.

“Yes, I’m sure we can.” She says as she blushes a little.

   *****

 Evelynn

What is Sophia playing at? Suggesting I share a bed with Noah, has she gone completely insane? The guy clearly doesn't like me; I mean he hasn't even kissed me, why would he want to share a bed with me? My thoughts are rudely interrupted as Noah leans into my ear.

"We don't have to share the bed if you don't want to, I’m perfectly happy with the floor.” He whispers loud enough so that only I can hear. I knew it, what more evidence do I need. He doesn't like me. I suddenly feel a weight being pushed down on my chest and resist the urge to cry, why embarrass myself further.

"Ok." I say as Noah is still staring down at me, waiting for my answer. His brow creases slightly but he quickly regains himself.

I walk up to the room and make a bed up for Noah on the floor. “Would you like some help with that?” Noah asks and I look at him as I place the pillow down.

“Nope, I’m quite capable of making a bed.” I say abruptly.

“Is something wrong?”

“Just tired, that’s all.” I finish making the bed up on the floor and climb into bed and wait for Noah to lie down on the floor before I turn the lights off.

“Goodnight Evelynn.”

“Mhmm.” I mumble as I switch off the light and close my eyes but I soon open them again and stare at the dark ceiling. I thought he liked me. How could I have been so wrong? Well it’s not like it’s my fault, he has been acting like a guy would if they liked somebody, so maybe he does like me but surely he would have kissed me by now. I sigh at all the questions running through my head and close my eyes again and before long I finally drift off to sleep.

****

Sophia

I go into the bathroom and get changed into my nightie and sit down on the edge of the bath. I need to talk to Frederick, I can’t believe I was so rude to him today, but then I remember the comment he made and I get angry again. I stand up and walk out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. Charlie lies on one side of the bed and I climb into the other placing a pillow down the middle. “Goodnight, Sophia.” He says as he rolls onto his side.

“Goodnight, Charlie.” I say as I roll in the opposite direction and switch off the lights.