Chapter 30 - Sophia

It’s been three months since the bombing started in London. We have come to stay with our parents in Cornwall for a few days before returning to the hectic place I call home. We finally arrive, Charlie and Noah have come with us, Harry and Katherine arrived here yesterday. Charlie opens the door and I step out of the car. “Thank you.” I say as I take hold of his hand and we lace our fingers together. I let go of his hand and go to grab my bag but he takes them both and smiles at me and I smile back.

We all walk up to the house and suddenly the front door whips open and mine and Evelynn’s fathers appear and run towards us. My father wraps his arms around me as tight. “Hello father.” I say and he still holds on to me. “Papa, I’m ok, you can let me go.” I say but he still doesn’t loosen his grip.

“You heard her Mikael, let the poor girl go.” My mother says and finally he loosens his grip.

“Sorry Sophia.” He says and I smile.

“It’s ok, hello, mother.” I say and she gives me a hug. I still haven’t told my parents about my engagement, with everything that has been going on I haven’t had the chance.

We all walk inside the house and my mother tells myself and Evelynn to show the guys to the rooms. She has already made up a bed on the floor and I laugh. “I hope you boys don’t mind sharing the floor.” My mother says and Evelynn laughs.

“No, that’s fine, thank you.” Charlie says and I watch as my mother quickly tries to stifle a laugh.

“I will let you all get settled in. Dinner will be done soon.” My mother says, leaving us all upstairs. Charlie puts his hand on my waist and I quickly knock it away and raises a questioning eyebrow.

“I wouldn’t do that, my father has eyes everywhere.” I say and Evelynn laughs.

“And ears.” My father says as he walks up the stairs. “Keep your hands off my daughter.” He says as he approaches Charlie and I feel heat rush to my face from the embarrassment.

“Sorry Sir won’t happen again.” Charlie says and I look at the ground as Noah laughs.

“I don’t know what you’re laughing at young man.” Evelynn’s father says and I quickly lift my head to see him walking towards us. I don’t feel so bad knowing her father is going to be just as embarrassing.

“If I see you touching my daughter, I’ll make sure you’re never able to touch anything ever again.” He says and I raise my eyebrows and watch Evelynn’s face become red and Noah’s mouth fall slack. I was not expecting him to say anything like that.

“You’re lucky you’re even sleeping in the same room as our daughters, if it were down to us you’d be in the barn.” My father says and my eyes widen.

“Papa, stop.” I say my cheeks now burning. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to talk to you like that.” I say and he nods.

“I know. I’ll leave you alone now, but keep your hands off my daughter.” He says and I frown.

“Father!”

“Alright.” He says and they both walk back downstairs.

“I am so sorry.” I say and Charlie laughs as we walk into the bedroom with Evelynn and Noah.

“He’s protective.” Charlie says.

“He’s embarrassing.” I say and I begin to unpack my bag. I place my dresses into the wardrobe and as I turn around I bump into Charlie.

“Sorry.” He says and I let out a small laugh as I look up at him and we make eye contact. We both just stand and stare at each other and suddenly his smile slowly grows and it makes me smile.