chapter 5 - Sophia

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR!” Cheers spread throughout the bar. Harry kisses the side of my forehead. “Happy new year Soph,” he says and I look up at him and smile

“Happy New Year, Harry,” I shout.

I look at Evelynn standing next to Noah. “Happy New Year, Evie,” I shout.

“Happy New Year, Soph,” she shouts as everyone still continues to cheer.

People start to calm down and begin to leave whilst a few drunks are still being rather loud but that’s expected it is the New Year after all. “Do you want to come back to mine?” Harry asks. “The others can obviously come too if they want?”

I gather up everyone we have spent the night with and we all start to head out of the bar, and suddenly I get shoved and end up covered in whisky.

“Watch where you’re walking pal,” Frederick says.

“Are you okay?” he asks and I nod.

“Yeah, just a little wet,” I say and let out a small laugh. In the blink of an eye the beast that spilt drink over me pushes Frederick across the room.

“Frederick!” I shout, my head follows him as his body hits the ground, I turn and run toward him.

“Hey! What’s your deal?” I shout at the drunk man.

“Do you want some of this little girl?” he says and I narrow my eyes.

He draws his fingers into his palm creating a fist, he walks toward me and I close my eyes just as his fist connects with my face, I feel myself drop to the ground. I see Evelynn walking towards the drunken beast with a look of hatred in her eyes. I know that this isn’t going to end well. “OI!” Harry shouts as he whacks the beast in the jaw.

“Why not pick on someone your own size.” Evelynn shouts.

“Yes because you fit the criteria don’t you sweet patootie,” he goes to hit her but she thumps him in the stomach and he slouches forward.

I see him lean forward and pick up a smashed glass bottle. “NO!” I shout. I try to pick myself up from the ground as fast as I can, the large guy swings his hand which is holding firmly onto the smashed bottle towards Harry. “HARRY MOVE!”

Noah grabs hold of Evelynn and pulls her back. Just as I think the bottle is about to hit Harry, Charlie moves in front of him protecting them both with his large arms. I watch the smashed bottle slide along Charlie’s arm withdrawing blood as it passes. He moves his arm back and hits the guy so hard he falls backwards landing on a table and I help Frederick up from the ground.

“When I asked to come out for new year I didn’t expect it to end with us on the floor with smashed up faces,” he says. I laugh and brush myself off.

“The night has only just begun,” I say as I pat his shoulder and walk towards the door of the bar.

“Your face,” Charlie says as he slowly rubs his thumb over my split cheek and I flinch at the pain. “Sorry,” he says.

He goes to move his arm away and I grab his hand. I look at his arm and then his face. “Your arm looks painful,” I say.

He shakes his head. “No, it’s not too bad,” he says as he smiles.

“I can fix it,” I say. “Well I know how to stitch.”

“Clothes?”

I laugh and shake my head. “Wounds.”

Harry walks toward me. “Come on, lets get back to mine kiddo!” he says and I nod.

“Yeah, okay.”