Chapter Thirteen

Morton and his zombie minions walked around the city causing havoc. People ran around scared. Zombies were killing people, people were killing zombies, people were killing people. It was disaster. It seemed as if Armageddon had just begun.

Trevor and Brock found their way to the hospital and searched for the room Kevin ane Leon were in. Finally they found it. They ran on in.

"Hey, what's going on?" Kevin asked.

"We got to get you 2 out of here." Trevor said.

"Why, what is happening?" Leon asked.

"Well for one, it is a fucking zombie apocalypse out there. And we just saw Feldman. The old pastor. And, he told us how to kill Morton." Brock said.

"Are you crazy?" Kevin asked.

"Crazy enough to want to save this small fucking town." Trevor said.

"Morton has Joey. We need to get out. But we are stuck here." Leon said.

"Say no more." Trevor said. Trevor and Brock set Kevin and Leon free from their confinement. They got up off of the hospital beds. They looked at each other. It felt good ot have the team back. At least the remnant of it.

"Time to raise Cain in Morton's life." Kevin said. They left the room.

"Hey get back in the room!" A doctor shouted at them. The 4 bolted for an exit. The closest one was across the building through a long and dark flickering hallway.

They saw through the windows and doors to rooms of dying and suffering patients. One patient was on a wheelchair cut in half. His guts were hanging out.

"Oh that just isn't even healthy." Trevor said. They kept running.

There was another room with a guy wearing a big bunny mask. He wad covered in mud and blood.

"Hey get back here!" The doctors shouted. The 4 just kept bolting for the exit.

They passed another room with a man violently raping a woman. Blood sprayed on the window.

"Oh God damn!" All 4 of them shouted in disgust. "The fuck is going on around here?"

They still kept running. 

They finally found an exit and opened the door. They were finally outside where it was much worst. But better than the hospital. That shit was fucking demented.

The 4 saw the zombies running around and saw all the chaos that was happening. Morton walked up to them smiling that chelsea grin again.

"Aww fuck you man!" Leon shouted.

"So, you've finally come to see the apocalypse that will end all of mankind." Morton said still grinning.

"Why are you doing this?" Kevin asked Morton.

"Why? Why? I'll tell you why! Humans. You sinners is why I am doing this. This is Armageddon my boys. Not even God can save y'all from this!" Morton shouted. He began laughing. "Everyday, millions of people scatter about like ants. And ants need s giant with a magnifying glass to kill them off so they can repopulate and create a chain reaction. And guess what, I am the giant with the magnifying glass. I am their chain reaction. The human race is dead to me. Just like God!"

"But God is alive, you are a reverend man, what made you change?" Leon said.

"Because times change, Leon. Charles Darwin said it best: The Only Creature Prone To Survive Is The Only Creature Responsible To Change. And your race is not that creature." Morton said.

"Satan, leave Morton alone. Leave the world alone. I command you to flee in the name of God. You have no right to be here!" Kevin said in prayer.

"God can't stop me, I am the fucking Devil for crying out loud! I am Lucifer! The fucking Morning Star!" Morton shouted. Leon chimed in.

"Leave Morton alone. In the name of God. I bind you in chains. I bind you in chains!" Leon shouted. Trevor chimed in.

"There is power in the blood of Jesus Christ! The Son of God!" Trevor shouted. Brock chimed in.

"Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound. That saved a wretch like me!" Brock sang loudly. Then all 4 of them chimed in.

"I once was lost but now I'm found. Was blind but now I see." All 4 of them sang loudly. Then everyone else around started singing loudly.

"No! No stop it! I AM LEGION FOR WE ARE MANY! Please stop!" Morton screamed. Then, a bright light appeared in the sky. Everyone stopped singing and looked in awe. It was God!

God looked Morton in the eyes. Everyone else had to shield themselves due to the holiness that was around them.

"Why have you done this, Lucifer?" God asked.

"Humanity! It's a waste of our time. We can rule over all the planets. All the stars. All the suns and moons. We can be Gods." Lucifer spoke through Morton.

"I am El Shaddai, creator of this world and many many more. I will not fall for your tricks Lucifer. You will be doomed for 5,000,000,000 years of brimstone and hellfire." God said.

The ground opened up and Morton fell into the burning lake of fire in Hell all while screaming. God ascended to the sky and the skies and grounds were closed again. Everything was back to normal. The new normal.

"Wow." Kevin said. That was all he could say. Everyone was left in awe. What had happened? What would happen next? Was this the end? Or was this just the beginning?