Chapter Nineteen.

Hailey's POV

"Sorry I'm late!" Mrs. Matteo exclaims as she quickly makes her way into the dinning room.

Mr. Matteo, Isaac, and myself are all currently sitting down at the table waiting for the main woman of the house to come downstairs so we could have breakfast together.

Mrs. Matteo quickly rushes over to her son, placing a quick kiss on his cheek as Isaac returns one as well.

"Morning ma," he mutters.

"Mornin' baby," his mother smiles as she begins to walk towards her husband, who's sitting at the end of the table, like he normally does when I join the family for a meal.

Isaac's sitting to the right of his dad, perusal.

Mr. Matteo instantly loses the harsh features the second his wife leans down to kiss him on the lips, which actually takes me by surprise.

Although I know that Isaac's parents love each other, completely adore each other in fact, they hardly ever show any type of PDA in person, yeah they'll hold hands here and there, she'll kiss him on the cheek/forehead- vice versa, but that's about it, it never really goes beyond that, up until today.

"I'm sorry," she whispers while caressing her husband's face.

Mr. Matteo gazes back over to Mrs. Matteo, "everything okay?"

She smiles and nods while making her way over to her chair, taking a seat.

"I can't join you for your meetings today," she says.

Not only does this grasp her husband's attention, but her sons as well.

"And why is that?" Carmelo questions roughly, staring at the love of his life.

Adriana speaks to her husband as she reaches for the pitcher of orange juice that is sitting in the middle of the table, "Veronica keeps bitching- pardon my language," she quickly glances in my direction as she begins to pour her freshly squeezed juice.

I smile and shake my head letting her continue.

"She needs a girls day out, apparently her and Sal are having problems," she adds.

I glance over towards Isaac's dad as Mrs. Matteo grabs her husband's glass pouring him some juice as well.

Mr. Matteo quickly shoots a wink in my direction and is then speaking to his wife, "you should go, you haven't had a lady's day out in weeks."

"Sei sicuro?"

"Si," Mr. Matteo answers in italian as well.

Isaac's mentioned plenty of times that his parents tend to speak the non-english language when it was only the three of them around.

"Enjoy your day," Carmelo continues, "there'll be plenty of other sit downs that you can accompany me hun."

Isaac's mom begins to smile gracefully but doesn't say anything in return and is looking up behind us instead. "Do you need some help sweetheart?"

I begin to crane my neck backwards as I hear a soft shuffling sound to find none other than Milo hanging onto the entrance of the room shaking his head no.

"I got it thank you, sorry I'm late," he mumbles, limping his way into the room, one of his hands still hanging on the same spot from last night.

"Nonsense, c'mere," Mrs. Matteo pats the empty chair to her right.

I turn to look away as Milo continues to walk into the room to notice that Isaac hasn't looked once at him, all his attention is towards his father as he keeps a death grip on the fork that's in his hand, anxiously shaking his right leg up and down.