Chapter Twenty Four.

Hailey's POV

"Get off of him, Ricci!" Mr. Matteo shouts from behind us.

Dion looks up at me from where he's laying, his choke hold still around Isaac, "you got him?"

I nod my head repeatedly.

"I'm fine," Isaac grumbles as he attempts to unlock Dion's arms.

Dion squeezes his arm tighter making Isaac gasp for some air, "was I asking you?"

"T-that's all you g-got?" Isaac rasps in between breaths, a small little wicked smile on his face.

"Don't fucking test me, KP."

I place my hand on top of Dion's arm, the one that he's using to choke his best friend, "hey." Dion looks in my direction. "Don't listen to him, he's not thinking straight."

Dion nods his head, he begins to slowly unwrap his arm away from Isaac and I'm quickly smacking him on the head.

"The hell was that for?!" Isaac exclaims while rubbing the back of his head.

"You need to watch what you say," I tell him. "He's only trying to help."

Isaac doesn't say anything, he keeps the mean stare as he continues to soothe out the smack, when I notice just how beat up his knuckles actually are and reach for his hand.

"God these are definitely gonna hurt later," I murmur, gliding my thumb over them.

Isaac instantly yanks his hand away from mine, "they're fine."

"They're not fucking fine, Isaac, they're already starting to swell for the love of God."

Isaac looks off to the side staying completely quiet when I hear Dion.

"I'll go grab an ice pack," he says as he gets up off of the floor.

I hadn't noticed that Angela actually made her way over to us and was now standing next to Dion, attempting to help him up but Dion doesn't want it.

"Are you okay?" She is now looking at Isaac.

He looks over at her, slowly nodding his head, his features softening up just a tad.

Dion grabs her hand and begins to walk away pulling her along with him.

"Can we get up?" Isaac questions.

I don't answer him, I start to get off of him and help him up slowly.

He stands directly in front me and begins to stretch his body out looking back to the crowd, where Patrick's at, he's still lying on the ground unconscious.

His dad's actually walking over towards the guys, shouting, "someone go fucking fine Leonard!"

I know from previous accidents and beating that Leonard is their medical guy, he takes care of the guys who end up getting pretty badly hurt or injured this way no one had to go to the hospital and get hounded with question after question.

I grab Isaac's hand, yanking it back gently trying to get his attention, he turns to me the mean glare long gone now, replaced with a guilty looking one.

"Are you really okay?"

He shakes his head no.

"Talk to me."

Isaac inhales a deep breath, releasing it slowly he pulls me in for a hug so that his face is at the crook of my neck.

He whispers, "I'm probably gonna get my ass beat." I quickly attempt to pull away but he doesn't let me, he holds me close to him, "don't make it obvious," he says.