Chapter 20 Born of Skaven

Start from the beginning

Khorne: It's pretty simple one, it has a mutation ability. Not as strong as mine but still.

Then Trico comes back with something that looks like a big bird cage, her strength allows her to move it. Bird cage is covered with a black cloth that hides it's insides from being see. Khorne walks up to the cage and reveals what is inside. 

Demiurge approaches cage and as he takes a look at it's insides, those two creatures lunged at him, but are stopped by the cage's bars

Demiurge approaches cage and as he takes a look at it's insides, those two creatures lunged at him, but are stopped by the cage's bars. Demiurge doesn't even blink when that happens and turns to Khorne.

Demiurge: What are those creatures, my Lord?

Khorne: After my experiment with lightsaber didn't work, I decided to use it other way. So I used it with many spells, tools and finally I used it on a rat that was sneaking in the library. 

Demiurge: A rat found a way to Nazarick? "bows" I'm sorry about that, my Lord. It seems that our defenses where not enough. I will dispatch more troops to not allow even a rat to get in.

Khorne simply sighs at his advisor's loyalty and his perfectionism. Then approaches the cage and pulls out of his pocked a piece of bloodied meat. When two mutated rats smell that meat, they starts to trash around the cage and get to the meat. Khorne throws piece of meat inside the cage and watch as two rats fight for it until they finally settle down and decide to share the meat with each other. 

Khorne: "smirk" None can walk inside the Nazarick without alerting Shalltear's guards. But as you see these two where able to. 

Khorne walks back to his table and shuffle through his papers, Demiurge follows him and looks at papers from behind Khorne's shoulder. 

Khorne: This stone's mutation abilities can produce an intelligent race from something like a rat. I made few more experiments and I came up with something interesting.

Khorne gives a paper with experiment list to Demiurge who reads thought it.

Khorne: First experiment was a social and cooperation one. When I first created them, both of them fought with each other. Only way to case that was to give them food, but even then they fought for other one portion. So I put them against some random events that they need to avoid. After the experiment both rats became more coordinated, what could be seen was that the smaller one was something of a brain of they cooperation and the bigger one was muscle guy. There are still some fights between them but they are not lethal. 

Demiurge looks up from the paper and sees that the smaller rat is puling, out of bigger one's fur, some worms and is eating them before the bigger one hits him and eats them instead. Ignoring this Demiurge rears more.

Khorne: Second was a fighting and improvisation skills. I put each of these rats to fight with some low level monsters. At the little arena I created, I put some resources to make a made shift weapon in hope that they will show me some of signs of intelligence. First one, the slightly bigger one, killed it quite fast with his claws and fangs. He had shown his brutal strength and still primal mind. But he didn't charge blindly and instead used some tactics that humans when they are hunting. Possibly he saw those tactic before the mutation had place. The second one is more promising, he used the resources that I prepared and made a slingshot and dagger with whom he killed it. Before I could take them back to the cage, I saw second rat make a makeshift sword, and then gave it to first one. I took those weapons and will give them back only for experiments.

Demiurge looked at the table that Khorne was currently leaning on. He saw there the weapons the Khorne write about in the experiment log. 

Khorne: Next was magic sensitivity. I put low level kyber crystal in front of the two rats and wait to see the effect. Unsurprisingly first rat began to try and eat the crystal, when the other one was watching and examining the crystal. But unfortunately, neither of those rats could use kyber crystal who act automatically. Last experiment that I made was a obedience experiment. At first they wanted to attack me but when I showed that I can easily defeat them, they become more obedient and follow almost to all of my orders. It's possible that they look for strong leader just like wolfs or beastman.

Demiurge finally read the whole thing and put it down on the table. When he did Khorne turned to him.

Khorne: Those are the more important one, on the other side of the room you have all of them.

Demiurge looked about what Khorne is talking and saw a mountain of papers stack on a small table. He could only sweatdrop at his lord's experiments. 

Demiurge: Is...Is that all, my Lord?

Khorne: Not yet. The real reason I want you to know about it is because I want you to create more of them when I'm on the desert with Nigun. 

Demiurge: Why is that? We have many similar creatures that will take their place, as a army or workforce.

Khorne: I want them because they can replace creatures from the Nazarick. If we want to establish in this world a strong empire, we need something new. Something that is loyal but not because it's programmed but because it wants to. That's why I want to take a throne of Kaala Sooraj, I need something that can exist without my word. When I disappear all of you will go insane because you don't have someone to fight for. Even when I will use some of our forces to establish a base, they will want me to give them orders. I want something that will think for itself and will do as it's want when serving me. Am I making sense? 

Demiurge: Yes, my Lord. You do.

Khorne: Good. I'm going to rest now. Do as you please, Trico will become your assistant. Am I clear? 

Demiurge/Trico: Yes.

A/N: Hey, as you can see I come back to The Sith Overlord! The real reason for it is because My other book doesn't make even 100 reads per chapter so I will wait with that book for some time and I will continue. Also sorry if this chapter is short but I wanted to show you a new addition to Nazarick forces, Skavens!