Chapter 29 The Everchosen

Ice and snow became red as blood fell on it. Warriors of north fought each other in a fierce battle between the hordes of united tribes under The Sith Empire and the Wulfrik's horde. The united tribes got ambushed by army of Wulfrik, no one fully knew how did knew the position of their army. But one could only assume that there are spies and scouts around, sending messages to him. 

 Battle began in a valley with clearing surrounded by woods, Diedrick didn't send any scouts to lead them yet as he assumed that Wulfrik wasn't yet able to gather army big enough. But was surprised when suddenly hordes of marauders jumped out from the forest around them and clashed with the sides of his army. 

 Drums and flutes began to play a dark tune in the distance as men of Wulfrik were slaughtering men of Diedrick. He knew that Wulfrik held the advantage in open combat. His warriors are trained men ready to bath in blood while Diedrick's warriors are a bunch of sailors, hunters and simple men that got drafted. 

 Diedrick and few of his elite warriors tried to rally back the army and to push forward but they were too far. So far Diedrick's army was separated into three main groups that was encircled. The middle, where Diedrick was, was attacked by Wulfrik's elite warriors. 

 Diedrick swung his great sword left and right, bringing down his enemies to the ground. He didn't set it aflame it, wanting to use it on Wulfrik. Finally Diedrick saw Wulfrik on the border of the forest, not seeing anyone that opposed any challenge. Diedrick clenched his teeth and gripped tightly his greatsword before roaring in fury. He jumped down from his horse and began a slaughter, enraged by Wulfrik's confidence. After few minutes he and two of his bodyguards finally left the encirclement, Diedrick looked wrathfully at Wulfrik and shouted.

"Wulfrik! Come here and fight like a man!"

 Wulfrik looked at Diedrick and then on the battlefield. His warriors outnumbered Diedrick's men and were easily winning, the only problem were Diedrick's bodyguards. He looked to the side at one of his men and nodded towards him. That man then run back to the woods. Diedrick became even more enraged at Wulfrik. Why didn't he respond? Does he think I am some weakling? No! He will kill Wulfrik and take his place as High King of Norsca. Diedrick began to advance further up the hill towards Wulfrik, killing anyone on his way. Then he heard a war horn being played in the distance.

 Wulfrik smirked down while Diedrick became confused, what is coming? Then heavy stomps of giant beast shacked the ground under their feet. Trees were toppled as giant herd beasts of Norsca walked out of them. Diedrick himself and his man shivered in fear as they saw giant mammoths standing on the tree line. Morale of united tribes began to fall as Wulfrik ordered mammoths to charge down the hill towards them. Few began to run away but it was futile as they were once more closed in combat with Wulfrik's man who were ready to die. 

 Diedrick and his men stood their ground and glared at the mammoths. His men stood first to protect their leader while Diedrick was thinking of his next move. He sighed and looked towards the eyes of a beast that was charging at them. He walked past his men who shouted for him to run away and use them as diversion, Diedrick smiled at their loyalty and then place his great sword in front of his leg. He waited for the moment when mammoth was closer before saying only few words.

"Set it aflame, by my burning rage..."

  His blade exploded with crimson flame that light up the area around him. Everyone looked with shock and wonder, even Wulfrik. Diedrick swung his sword upright and send a wave of flames towards the mammoth. When flames touched the beast, it set it's fur aflame. Beast shrieked in pain and changed it direction in horror, charging into another mammoth and also setting it aflame. Roars of pain are herd as fallen mammoths and their riders are burning down and creating giant fire. Wulfrik looks at it in shock before glaring at Diedrick.