Chapter 28 Vision

For the past few days Diedrick and his army of Norscas was traveling the shore, conquering and enslaving tribe after tribe. Cocytus had send Diedrick on this mission to check him, while Cocytus gives him orders from the Frozen Citadel, Diedrick make them real on the battle field. Cocytus wants to see how obedient and open Diedrick is. That is when he send a report back to Nazarick he send something more...

Diedrick was sleeping in a tent, his mind slowly drifting off but then he felt something. A 'hand' pulling on his mind, pulling him to somewhere darker. He opened his eyes to see a black void, and he was in the middle. 

"What...is this?"

He looked around disoriented and then he heard a voice. 

"So you are this Norscan that I heard about. Diedrick, right?" 

'What kind of magic is this?'

He thought as he looked around. In his life of a warrior he saw many spells and curses but nothing like this, this....black void.

"Yes, and who are you?"

Simple chuckle, that is what he heard back before seeing two golden orbs in a distance.

"Well, Cocytus told you didn't he? I am Khorne..."

Diedrick's eyes widen as he looked towards those orbs. He didn't really believed in the stories that Cocytus was telling them, he was following him only because Cocytus was stronger then him. He wanted to build his faction and strength up before backstabbing him but now...

No, it can be all be a lie. Some kind of trick. Another chuckle was heard.

"I like you already but don't try anything. Cocytus will obliterate you and any man here. And about a lie...I am very real..."

With a help of illusion magic, Khorne created a vision in Diedrick's head. He saw Khorne sitting on a massive throne of skulls that was build on a lake of blood. 

"Mine name is Khorne. But you know that already."

His eyes widen as he looked at Khorne. So he is real?

"Yes I am real. Don't try to hide anything because as you can see I know everything that is in your mind."

Diedrick took a step back, little overwhelmed. He could feel that dark, sinister aura that was pouring out of Khorne. He looked at the two golden orbs that were Khorne's eyes and saw in them something...

He saw anger and bloodlust, unrelenting wrath that will follow anyone to the end of the world and then take it's bloody harvest. He gulped.

"If you know everything that is in my mind you know what I am about to ask..."

"Yes, I know. You want to know why did I visited your dreams. Well, I have a proposition..."

Diedrick frowned at how correct Khorne is. He sighed seeing that there is no other way but just accept that this is Khorne, his new god. Even if he didn't really believed in that.... 

"Cocytus gave you a task to kill Wulfrick, but I will be the one to reward you. Kill him and your power will rise above anything that Wulfrick was and ever be."

"And how can you do that?"

Khorne chuckled while placing hand under his chin.

"For now, that is a secret. But! I will give you something in an advance!"

Diedrick nodded unsure.

"As you wish. I will kill Wulfrick and untie Norscan tribes.'

"Good, good! I will await further reports."

Khorne stood up from his skull throne and pointed his palm at Diedrick, a dark energy gathered in his palm before it exploded. 

With a jump Diedrick woke up from his vision and breathed deeply. He looked around his tent before spotting something. Unknown greatsword was placed in the tent, his blade hidden by a black scabbard and few golden ornaments. Diedrick stood up and walked up to the sword, hearing some whispers coming out from it. He touched the handle, it had a good grip, then griped the scabbard. In one good pull he reviled the blade of the sword, it was a good steal, sharp and flexible but stiff at the same time.  

He was watching the sword when he finally saw a small note He picked up and read out loud.

"Set it aflame, by my burning rage..."

In seconds blade began to heat up before exploding in flames that covered the blade. At first Diedrick was startled and almost let go of the sword, but he quickly composed himself and griped it tightly. Even though the temperature was low and there was not external source of flame, he didn't feel any warmer with it as it would seem that those flames don't affect him.

He looked at it for few more seconds before hiding the sword in the scabbard, flames disappeared when he did that. He put on rest of his equipment and walked out of the tent to see most of warriors already prepping for travel. 

"I am coming, Wulfrick..."