Chapter I

Chapter One

"Your father is a highly respected private security consultant and a federally licensed firearms dealer. That's not exactly a nine-to-five office job. The hours are always going to be like this." Victoria explained to her daughter for the hundredth time since they started off from San Francisco to a small town in northern California named Beacon Hills. Allison was sitting in the passenger's seat, playing with her hair, staring out of the car window and watching the rain drops racing themselves down the glass.

While her cousin Emily was sitting in the back, her head against the window with her eyes closed following the conversation in the front seat without commenting, even though she knew that this wasn't the only reason the Argent family was moving again after only staying in San Francisco for a little over a year.

"I get it. It's just, it's kind of weird when he takes off in the middle of the night, rushing out with duffel bags full of automatic weapons..." Allison explained what was going on in her head, and Emily was smiling to herself. She knew that her cousin had begun to question her dad's behavior and his midnight disappearances for the last few months and now she was finally telling her mom about it instead of her same age relative.

"Mom, look out!" The sixteen year old girl screamed and Emily opened her eyes, while Victoria was stepping on the break trying to not hit the rain clenched boy who was standing in the middle of the road.

"You almost killed him!" Allison yelled at her mother, still shocked about almost running a person over. Emily was trying to slow her pounding heart down to his normal speed while she looked out of the rear window, trying to see if the boy was still standing there or if he was hurt and lying on the ground. But thanks to the fact that it was dark, and the rain was pouring down like there was no tomorrow she wasn't able to see him anymore.

"He ran out into the middle of the road." Victoria tried to defend herself and her driving skills.

"Okay, well, we have to go back." Allison said.

"Go back?" The older Argent asked, slightly annoyed by the whole situation.

"What if he's hurt? Mom, turn around. Mom!" Allison demanded.

"Emily did you see if he's alright through the window?" Victoria asked her niece, hoping she saw the boy being okay, and she didn't need to turn around.

"No, sorry. It's too dark outside and the rain's too heavy." Emily answered honestly.

"See, Mom. And now turn around and go back!" Allison said again, raising her voice a little.

After a few seconds of struggling Victoria finally turned around and they drove back to the place where the teenage boy ran into the road.

Once they arrived there, the boy was nowhere to be seen and Allison decided to get out of the car and look for him, Emily being also a little bit concerned followed her cousin and best friend out of the SUV into the pouring rain.

"Allison! Emily!" Victoria shouted, trying to stop the two teenage girls, from running any further into the woods. The two girls were following some foot prints in the mud, hoping they would lead them to the boy but when they ended he was still nowhere in sight, the only thing Emily saw was an inhaler, lying on the ground. She bend down, picking it up and was looking around, still hoping the guy would appear again.

"All right, that's enough. Back in the car!" Victoria ordered once she came up to the girls. But before anyone of them could reply or even move, a loud howl was echoing through the dark and slightly scary forest of Beacon Hills.

=======

"Emily, wake up! Emily!" Allison was trying to wake her cousin up, but all the brunette girl did was groan and turning around, so that her back was now facing Allison.