Chapter IX

Chapter nine

"Happy, happy birthday!!" Emily screamed as she ran into Allison's bedroom.

"No." Allison grunted and turned around trying to ignore her younger cousin.

"Come on, Allison. Get up. You don't turn seventeen every day. And I kinda have this feeling you want to see your birthday gift." Emily told her.

"I'm only getting up because of the present. But I don't want to turn seventeen. Why can't I be born the same year as you?" Allison complained.

"Because you're not. Now get over it and open that damn present, I've spent like a hundred years finding it, so you better like it or I might consider telling the whole school that it's your birthday today." The girl said.

"Okay, Okay." Allison said and took the little box out of Emily's hand. The girl carefully peeled the balloon wrapping paper off and lifted the lid of the plain white box underneath.

"Oh my god! It's beautiful." Allison exclaimed. The girl held a silver bracelet with a few charms stuck to it, in her hands. "Thank you, Em."

"No problem." Emily said as her cousin hugged her. "Now, get up, stop moping and get ready for school, you only have about twenty minutes left before we have to leave." Emily ordered.

"Okay, I'll try, but no promises." Allison said and got out of her bed, heading for the bathroom.

"Seriously best birthday present ever." She told her younger cousin, before she finally went into the bathroom.

After a quarter of an hour had passed, Allison was ready to go to school and the two girls were about to leave the older girl's room, when Kate came barging in.

"Hey. Listen, you know I feel totally horrible about my behavior the other night, right?" She asked Allison.

"Oh, totally forgotten." Allison replied.

"No, not forgotten by me. Come on call me a horrid bitch or something." Kate told her.

"I can if you want to." Emily said and earned a glare from Allison.

"You were just being protective." Allison eased her.

"I was being a protective horrid bitch who is giving you your birthday present early so you'll forgive her." Kate said to her and gave her a small red box.

"Oh." Allison giggled and opened the box, revealing a necklace with a charm showing a wolf.

"Forgiven?" Kate asked.

"Completely. I love it." Allison said.

"It's a family heirloom. And you know me, I hate and loathe all sentimental crap, but that, well look at the symbol in the middle of the pendant." Kate explained. "See that?"

"Yeah." Allison confirmed.

"You ever wanna learn a little something about your family? Look it up." Kate said and Emily was trying to figure out, what Kate's real intention was with giving Allison this necklace.

"You're gonna make me work for it." Allison stated.

"Some mysteries are worth the effort." Kate told her, putting the pendant around her niece neck.

"And some are not." Emily added.

Allison ignored her cousin and hugged Kate, thanking her for the present.

"Okay, we really gotta go now or we're going to be late." Emily said and dragged Allison out of the room without saying goodbye to her aunt. The girl was too furious about the fact that Kate was trying to help Allison figuring out all about the family history aka all about werewolves and other supernatural creatures out there.