Chapter VIII

Chapter eight

"Oh god, Kate, really?" Emily exhaled as she read Allison's text.

"What?! What happened? Did something happen to Scott?" Stiles asked.

"No, Kate invited him to dinner. He's so screwed. Maybe you should just take me home. Maybe I can help him find the bullet." Emily said and Stiles took a U-turn driving into the direction of the Argent home.

"Thank God, you're here." Allison hugged her cousin once she stepped into the hallway of the house. "I swear, I'm going to kill her."

"No, you're not. And we're going to get through that dinner and no one's going to die today. Not when I'm here to help." Emily said, the last part mostly directed to Scott who was standing next to Allison.

======

"Would you like something else to drink besides water, Scott?" Victoria asked the boy. By now the entire Argent family and Scott were sitting in the dining room eating dinner.

"Oh...No, I'm good thanks." The boy answered taking a sip from his glass of water.

"We can get you some beer?" Chris asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Really, Uncle Chris?" Emily looked at the adult next to her. "Are you really doing this right now?"

Chris just kept looking at the two teenagers opposite from where Emily was sitting, ignoring his niece completely.

"No thanks." Scott replied.

"A shot of tequila?" Chris kept asking.

"Dad, really?" Allison spoke up, clearly not being happy with her dad's behavior.

"You don't drink, Scott?" Chris questioned the boy, ignoring his daughter as well.

"I'm not old enough to." Scott simply stated.

"That doesn't seem to stop many teenagers." Victoria explained, looking straight at Emily.

"No, but it should." Scott responded.

"Hey, to my defense, I would be allowed to drink, at least beer, where I grew up, okay? And it's not like I drink and drive." Emily tried to defend herself but Victoria kept looking at her. "Okay, I swear I'll stop drinking. Happy now?"

"Very." Both, Chris and Victoria replied.

"Good answer, you two. Total lies, but well played. You may yet survive the night." Kate said.

"You ever smoke pot?" Chris continued his interrogation.

"Okay. Changing the channel to something a little less conservative." Kate stopped her older brother. "So, Scott, Allison tells us you're on the lacrosse team."

Scott nodded his head in confirmation.

"I'm sorry, I don't know anything about that. How do you play?" Emily's and Allison's aunt asked.

"Um, well you know hockey?" Scott asked Kate.

"Mmm-hmm." Kate hummed.

"It's a lot like that, only played on grass instead of ice." Scott explained.

"Hockey on grass is called field hockey." Chris corrected the boy and Emily was really close to kick her uncle's shin really hard hoping it would stop him. She didn't even care about the consequences.

"Oh, yeah." Scott said.

"So, it's like field hockey, except the sticks have nets." Allison explained.