Chapter III

Chapter three

The next day Stiles and Scott ignored Emily like she had the plague. Every time she came to close to one of them they turned the other way and walked away from her as fast as they could.

It was lunchtime now and Emily decided it was time to at least confront one of them and since Stiles was easier to bug than Scott, thanks to the fact that he was human and not a werewolf who couldn't control himself yet, he was going to be the victim.

"Hey Stiles!" The girl greeted the boy by his locker. Stiles heard her and slammed his locker door shut trying to get away from her as fast as possible. But Emily had other plans, she grabbed the boy by the collar of his plaid shirt and dragged him into the next empty classroom and locked the door.

"So, what the hell is wrong with you two idiots today?" She asked and crossed her arms.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong with us. Why you're asking?" Stiles asked, panic rising in his voice.

"Because you two are avoiding me like I have some contagious disease." The girl explained, raising her eyebrows and waiting for an answer.

"You really wanna know?" Stiles asked and Emily nodded her head.

"Just like I wanted to know why you knew so much about werewolves." Stiles said sarcastically.

"Yeah and I told you why." Emily said.

"No, you didn't. You lied to us, Emily." Stiles scoffed.

"What do you mean?" She asked, trying to sound innocent.

"You know what I mean. We know that your family are hunters, just like you." Stiles said and Emily slapped him right in his face, leaving a big, red mark on his right cheek.

"Don't you dare, accuse me of being a werewolf hunter, just because Chris is one." Emily hissed at the boy.

"Why should I believe you?" Stiles asked, getting closer to the girl.

"Because I helped you Friday. If I would be a hunter I wouldn't have helped you, I would've just killed Scott. But I didn't."

"Maybe you just helped us because you want to rattle him out." Stiles said.

"I would never do that. I'm not like them and I don't want to be like them ever again." Emily said, her voice getting sadder.

"Again?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah, again. After my parents died I lived with my aunt. She's the one who told me everything, I now know but I knew about werewolves before cause my parents didn't keep it a secret like Allison's does. When I lived with her I was helping her hunting down some werewolves. It was like a revenge thing, 'cause my parents died while they were hunting. But after about half a year Chris got custody of me and told me to stop so I did. It's been almost a year since I've touched a crossbow and I don't want to ever touch one for that purpose again." She explained.

"Why?" Stiles asked, his voice sounding a lot softer than before.

"Cause that's what killed my parents, they died because they were hunting and I don't want to die like that." Emily said tears were now streaming down her face. All the memories were coming back, the good ones like her first day at school or all the fun family nights and the bad ones especially the day Gerard, her grandfather, telling her that her parents had died.

Stiles closed the last distance between them and hugged the sobbing girl, they were standing in that classroom for at least 10 minutes until Emily calmed down again.