→ chapter 2 ←

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

reina's pov

After signing some papers and my schedule given, I officially started attending One Piece Academy. Turns out everyone has to wear the uniform so I was given mine. It was a simple brown cardigan with the Academy's crest on the left along with a red bow-tie and white dress shirt. The skirt goes mid-thigh while I wore black knee socks and brown leather shoes. 

"Whatcha think? It feels weird to be in a uniform," I posing myself in front of him. "How do you think I feel about being in an officer uniform all day long?" Smoker grumbled. "But that's like for WORK. I'm talking about 'school'." I reinforced and he sighed. 

Smoker and I walked around the building to look for my dorm room, taking directions from the secretary. It did take us a few minutes to find it but once we did, I opened the door and saw two empty mattresses with iron bedframes along with matching desks. The interior design itself was simple, just basic beige coloured walls and oak wood flooring. There was a single window on the opposite side of the door, with the academy entrance as the view. 

"It's not bad as I thought it would be," I said as I dropped my bag on the floor to sit on the bed. "Probably better than your base," Smoker sighed just as he was about to pull two cigarettes out. Followed by lighting it up and took a puff, looking out the window. 

"I'm sure you're parents would be proud of you right now," Smoker said and I felt a bit down. "If they were only alive..." I trailed off. As I grew up, Smoker had talked about my parents to me. I'd never thought someone killed them, but whoever that person was, I want to avenge my parents. 

There was a knock that came from the door. I went to open it and there stood a student who attends this school. A boy who's taller than me, with black hair and freckles that decorated his cheeks. He was also wearing the male school uniform too. Which was a black jacket, partially opened to see a white tee and matching black pants.

"Hi, nice to meet ya! You must be the new kid right?" He asked and I nodded. "Great, I was told to give you a tour of the academy. By the way, my name is Ace Portagas," He held his hand out for me to shake. "Reina O'Malley," I introduced myself and shook his hand. 

"What about you sir?" Motioning to Smoker who was about to burn out his cigars. "Smoker," "Alright then, let's go right away then. You should also come with us, Mr. Security Guard," "Why?" Smoker asked. "You are going to work here so might as well take this tour before you get lost on your first day," Ace chuckled. 

"Bullshit," He grumbled to which I laughed. "Come on Smokey!"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"So that ends our tour! Do you have any questions for me?" Ace asked and I shook my head. "Great to hear. It's nearly lunchtime so why don't you come and eat lunch with me? I can introduce you to some of my friends," I turned to Smoker and he knew what I was about to ask.

"Go ahead kid, I'll just be with the staff members," And within a blink, he vanished into thin air. "Woah! Does he have a devil fruit ability?" Ace gawked. "He does! It's something to do with smoke," I answered. 

"That's pretty cool! I mean there are other people with devil fruit abilities here too." Showing his hand in front of me, he lit it on fire. "Like this is mine, just fire abilities." 

"WOAH THAT'S COOL!!!" Being amazed by his powers. "T-Thanks..." Being bashful of my compliment. "Reina, do you have one?" Ace passed the mic to me. "I do, but I would not like to share it," I answered.