Chapter 1- Crown Prince

"Xingchen! Darling do you have everything ready?" Xingchen's mother called out.
"Yes, Mama! Let me just get my mask!" Xingchen called back. The boy was throwing a ball, a masquerade ball to be exact. He was the crown prince of the Xiao kingdom, there were many other kingdoms of course, there was the Lan, the Jin, the Wen, and the Jiang.
They each represented an element and were based off of it. The Lan Kingdom of Gusu was based off of air. The Jin Kingdom of Lanling was based off of dark and light. The Wen Kingdom of Qishan was based off of fire. The Nie Kingdom of Qinghe was based off of earth. And the Jiang Kingdom of Yunmeng was based off of water.
The Xiao Kingdom of Heaven was different however, it was based off of the element of spirit and death. That's what made them so unique, they worked with spirits and the dead, they helped heal others spiritually and energetically.
Xingchen was proud to be the crown prince and to celebrate his 19th birthday he was throwing a big ball and inviting many guests from all the kingdoms.
The guest were just about to arrive so he quickly got ready and walked outside with a mask on his face, covering his delicate features.

"Xue Yang! Boss is calling you!" The man sighed in response but nodded, this was the third time Boss had called him.
"I'm coming! Take care of this Wen Qing!" Xue Yang said and threw a piece of paper at the woman.
"Alright! Now go!" Wen Qing said and smiled when the man left. She looked at the paper with a smirk and folded it up and put it in a small drawer.
Xue Yang was in a gang called Blood Rose, his job was to assassinate and kill others mainly. So he got into the action pretty much all the time. "Boss, you called me?"
"Ah Xue Yang, you're here sit down child," the old man said. Xue Yang sat down and looked at the man expectingly, "I need a small favor it shouldn't be too hard."
"What is it Boss?"
"I need you to kill the crown prince of the Xiao Kingdom of Heavens," the old man said, "he's holding a ball tonight and I need you to go and kill him in secret. Poison his drink or just slit his throat when nobody is looking." He threw a file down and Xue Yang grabbed it.
Xue Yang whistled, "Damn, he's really pretty. Too bad he'll be dead soon, I can take the job. It should be easy," he said.
"That's my son!" The man said patting Xue Yang's back roughly. The young man smiled and stood up, he went straight to Wen Qing.
"Wen Qing, do you think you can make an outfit for me? And a mask I'm going to the masquerade ball," he said.
The young woman nodded, "Sure, let me get the measurements first so stand up and spread your arms." Xue Yang obeyed and she measured him, she finished and wrote it down in a piece if paper next to her.
"By the way, how's Wen Ning doing?" Xue Yang asked.
She stiffened, "He's doing fine, he just needs a bit of time to recover," she said calmly.
"Wen Qing, are you lying to me?" Xue Yang asked glaring at the woman.
"Of course not! I'm finished here so you better get your ass out of here before I stab you," Wen Qing threatened.
"Alright, alright, relax I'll leave. Just remember it wasn't your fault," Xue Yang said and walked away with a smile on his face. Wen Qing was like a sister to him, and he would do anything to protect her whether it be from someone else or from herself .
He went to his room and laid in his bed, he remembered what the crown prince looked like and scoffed, he looks like he attracts a lot of ladies. Xue Yang had to admit, the young man was quite pretty, it was a pity that he had to kill him. He closed his eyes and tried to memorize the man's features, making sure to not miss anything. He couldn't forget the person he was supposed to kill could he?
Xue Yang's eyes shot open all of a sudden, "Wait...he's a few months older than me!" He exclaimed surprised, "Damn, he's young." Xue Yang was 18 and the crown prince was about to turn 19, he wondered what it would be to be 19 and the crown prince. Boss always gave him missions that came back to the Xiao Kingdom of Heaven, why? Because the king and queen killed his mother, and he wanted revenge.
Now he finally had the chance to kill their son, and let them feel what he felt all those years ago. He also loved killing so that was a bonus for him, he loved the smell of blood and the sound if screaming. He loved the look of terror in people's faces before he killed them.
He had a signature thing he did even, he would always carry candy and roses with him. He would carve out the insides of the person he killed and fill them with candies before placing a couple of roses on top and writing next to the body with blood, Blood Rose. Maybe he would write his name, but not his real name, his real name was Xue Chengmei.
Everyone knew him as Xue Yang, even the kings and queens of every kingdom knew this name. And they all knew his gang too, they just wouldn't try to stop them, they were terrified of the gang. His gang  contained of Wen Ning, Wen Qing, Ouyang Zizhen, Xue Yang and a couple of other people he couldn't remember. And since Xue Yang was one of the leaders he was the most feared, not even the most trained guards could stop him.
    Xue Yang enjoyed being feared, if someone wasn't scared of him he would do everything in his power to make them. He was, after all, the bloody knife of Blood Rose.