Chapter 14: ...doesn't last long.

Words-1878

Gun and Earth were casually hanging out in the cafeteria before their afternoon class. But, today, there was only the two of them, since, Fluke had gone on his second date of the deal. For which they had already heard him curse about a hundred times before even the morning class started. But the thing that was even more fun (at least for Earth), was that, actually right now, they were not in their own department, but in the Engineering department's cafeteria. 

So, apparently, in the morning, Gun had told his friends about the other day, and how everything ended before it even started for him. And so they had suggested that if he wants, they could go with him and try to talk to the senior, so that it isn't as awkward. But, because Fluke had to go, Earth was the only one supporting his friend. Although they were not sure if the older would be here or not. 

They had been waiting here for over 15 minutes now, but the senior was nowhere in sight. Their class was gonna start in 10 minutes, so they decided to take their leave and try again the next day.

Gun and Earth were making their way out of the building when they bumped into a group of 3-4 seniors. And, by 'bumped', I mean, crashed, since the group had came out of nowhere, running. Because of which, Earth had bumped his head really hard on someone's back. While Gun had fallen on top of someone he least wished this happened with- Mark Siwat.

Gun quickly realised the position he and the senior were in, and got up, helping the older with him; which followed awkward apologies, and then, an even more awkward silence. 

On the other hand, the stranger Earth had bumped into, was trying to help him regain his stance, while also asking if the younger was alright. Soon after, Earth felt OK enough to walk over to Gun's side, thanking the older. 

Both the sides exchanged apologies. And, one last time, the stranger made sure if Earth was alright and asked if he wanted to go see the doctor. Earth reassured the older that he was fine now. 

But maybe, Earth was a little too dizzy earlier, that he just realised how handsome the senior was. And, maybe, because the older was being so nice, it made him feel something in his stomach. The blood from his body rushed to his cheeks, making them a shade similar to a red rose. And to his luck, nobody noticed.

"By the way, I'm Title and this my little brother, Mark." The stranger introduced them, not knowing the truth. Mark, on the other hand, didn't seemed interested.

'So, they are brothers', both the friends thought, exposed to the new information.

 "I don't think I've seen you here before", the older commented

"We are from the business department. We just came to eat at the cafeteria since our's was packed." Earth lied, not wanting to reveal their true motive. "And I'm Earth. And, this is my friend, Gun."

To that, the senior gave an understanding nod and told them they could come by whenever they liked before saying his farewell. 

The group of seniors were about to walk away, when Earth shouted for them to stop. He didn't know why, but he didn't want to part ways with the senior just yet. The senior asked him if he had something to say; to which he had no response. But then he realised that Gun was there too and so was Mark. In his mind, he thought this was the perfect timing. 

"...my friend had something to say to P'Mark." Earth pointed towards Gun.

Taken aback by his friend's sudden statement, Gun glared at Earth, mouthing what he was supposed to do. Earth replied back the same way, saying, take the opportunity and make use of it.