Chapter 12: Payback - Part Two

Words-1233

It was a quarter past 3, and Fluke and Earth decided to wait for their next class, which still had about 45 minutes left before it started, in a campus cafe. 

It had been a week since Earth told Gun and Fluke to pay him back for what they did to P'Kao. And since then, Fluke had already been on his one out of his three blind dates, like he was told to. But, seemingly, Gun hadn't made any progress. 

"And the guy kept bragging about all the expensive trips he has been on and all the those expensive shit he had. Like, is that all you want to talk about on your first date? Like, are you okay? You don't need any medical attention, right? Because you don't seem to be in your right mind." This was the 100th time since his date, that was on Saturday, that Fluke had started to rant about it. He kept mentioning it as "The worst date ever". But, honestly, that was something he'd say after almost every date he went to. He just wanted to make sure everybody knew how much he hated blind dates, or even dating. He was never interested in having a boyfriend. Not that he never had one. He thought that it's take away his freedom and he'd just become a slave. 

"You realise this is the 5th time you are telling me the same thing today." Earth said sipping from his strawberry shake. But even though he was saying this, he knew he'd gladly listen to his friend's rant for the 20th time that day and still have the same reactions as the first time. 

So, after another 10 minutes of ranting, Earth asked Fluke if Gun had made any progress in completing his task. The person in question was currently attending his separate class. But, neither of them had seen him since morning when he said he wouldn't be attending the morning classes because he had some work he needed to do. And they didn't find it necessary to ask what work. 

"I don't think he's gonna do it. He'd throw at least a thousand tantrums before he can even approach that senior." Fluke stated. Earth knew his friend was too much of a baby. And the fact that he didn't like the senior to begin with, it was even harder to think that he'd do such a thing to be nice to the older and befriend him. But then again...

"But then again, I think he's gonna do it. You know how simple minded he is, right? He must be thinking he is a weakling if he cannot even do such a small task. He must be having a battle inside his head right now. Either to be the bigger person or to hold on to his pride. And since he is a soft boy, no matter how much he tries to act like he's not, he will choose to be the bigger person and will let go of his pride." Earth explained. Fluke just nodded in response, imagining all that Earth mentioned actually happening. It was possible.

"Yeah, you're right. And now that I think about it- although, I don't know if I'm just assuming it or not- I think I saw Gun heading towards the direction of the Engineering building this morning when he left us to do some "work". " Fluke recalled. 

"Really?!" Earth exclaimed. 

"Yeah, I think so." Fluke said suspiciously.

[Earlier that day: Gun's ver.]

Gun had just parted ways with his friends after informing them that he had "some work" that he had to do and won't be able to attend the morning classes. And, fortunately for him, they didn't ask him what it was. Because he knew for sure, that if they found out what "work" he had, then he'd have to say goodbye to his image forever. Because, yes, he had come to the Engineering department to look for Mark.

Gun had been thinking about how to approach the older for the whole week. So, he came up with something simple and sincere. He thought that it'd be best if he started of by apologising for his rude behaviour (side note- it took him a lot of willpower to come to terms that his behaviour was not the most ideal when talking to a stranger who hadn't done anything exceptionally wrong). Ans, if he would have already apologised, there'll be no reason for the other to not wanna be friends with him. Not a bad idea, huh? 

So, he spent at least an hour looking for this senior inside the department's building. All he knew about the other was his name. So, he asked around to see if somebody, maybe, knew him. 

He was not even sure if the other even studied here or not. But he took the chances. At last, he went to look at the place he'd last seen him, the ground around the building. And, maybe, the gods heard his prayers, he found the older sitting on a bench with a couple of his friends. 

He tried to maintain his cool and approached the older silently from behind.

"Excuse me Phi." Gun said, cleared his throat. He felt so embarrassed. And under his breath he even, lowkey, cursed Earth for making him do this. But he knew there was no way out now. So, he just went for it. 'Here goes everything' Gun said to himself.

Hearing someone call him, Mark turned around to see a can of coke being offered to him. "I'm sorry. I hope you would forgive me for acting so harshly towards you." Gun said holding the can in both his hands. He couldn't even look at the other in the eye because of the embarrassment he was facing.

After a few seconds, when Mark finally recognised the other, he spoke up. "Didn't I tell your friends not to let you show up in front of me?" Gun just looked at the other dumbstruck. 'ukay....It's not be as easy as I thought.' He said to himself. 

After a pause, Mark spoke again. "But, I forgive you. Thanks for the coke." he said taking the can from Gun's hand and turned back, resuming the talk with his friends.

Dumbstruck Gun ver. 2.0

Gun was unable to process what just happened. One second he was scared that the older might not accept his apology. And the other he got rejected without even starting to try and get close to him. (Gun.exe has stopped working)

When his brain started working again, he tried once more. 

"Excuse me Phi" Gun said tapping on the other's shoulder. Mark turned around as if he didn't just ignore the guy a minute ago. "Yes?" he asked with a raised brow, "Is there anything else?"

Maybe the chapter should have been named 'Gun being dumbstruck for a whole narration straight'

'Deep breaths, Gun. Deep breaths.' Gun said to himself trying to calm down. 

"Well...yes, I have something to say...ask, actually." Gun said, greeting his teeth. "I just wanted to ask if you wanna-"

Rrrring, rrrring 

Suddenly, Mark's phone started to ring. "I'm sorry, I need to take this call." Mark said getting up from his seat with the phone and leaving right in front of Gun's eyes.

"..." 

Gun was, yet again...yes, you guessed it right, DUMBSTRUCK!

______

A/N- Hey guys,

Hope y'all are doing well. I am doing good actually. Just the school work is a headache. The workload is no joke. But I am trying. 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Tell me how you feel about the story so far. I love reading the comments. They make me happy and give me motivation to continue. Thank you for all the love and support.

And, also, I'm almost on 10K+ views. So, thank you all for that too.

Please look forward to what I have to offer in the future too.

Love you. 
Stay healthy and take care.