Chapter 24: First mission (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

Kayama watches in disbelieve. She knew that battles between vampires has always been bloody and violent. She has seen it a few times before but to see this young 'boy' doing such an upsetting thing as destroying the enemy's eyes... it feels weird.

Izuku widen his eyes in shock when Kei reach out a hand and grabbed his face. Before he can react, Kei slam him down to the floor and making a small crater beneath him.

"How naïve of you to think that by taking away my eyes, you'd have the upper hand. I may not be able to see or smell you but my ears are still working. Every little small sound you make, I can hear it clearly. You may be faster than me but I'm not the type to go down so easily."

Kei heard a warning growl. The boy grad onto his wrist with an iron grip, probably wanting to get his hand off. But Kei was deadly wrong about it. With his free hand, the younger vampire slam a fist onto his forearm, breaking the bone in an instant.

"You fucker...!" Kei cursed. The moment he let go, Izuku push his body up and head-butt him. Which hurts like hell. This is really bad, he got careless and now he's in a pinch. He really need to drink some blood to speed up the healing process of his eyes or else this stupid brat is going to kill him!

Given by how the enemy has started to panic, Kayama reach for the gun that was hidden inside the sleeve of her dress and pull it out. Without batting an eye, she pull the trigger and shot both of Kei's legs to prevent him from escaping.

"Fuck! That woman is a hunter?!" Kei thought.

Izuku got behind him and push him down, pinning both of his hands behind his back. That's one down but there's another vampire in the house and he'd need to tell Kayama about it.

Kei tried to struggle and Izuku let out a growl, giving him a warning and telling him to remain still. It was a huge shock to know that a hunter and a vampire is working together. This explains why how this brat knows about his ability and went for his eyes first but why? Why are they working together?

Whatever the reason is, Kei won't think too deeply about it. He fucked up real bad this time by inviting a hunter into his house. He refuse to let himself get caught by the hunter and all he has in mind right now is to escape and in order to do that, he would let a dangerous 'beast' loose without caring about the consequences. Gritting his teeth, Kei shouted at the top of his lunges, "RYO! COME OVER HERE NOW!"

Izuku froze when he felt an overwhelming bloodlust heading toward them. He whipped around and standing at the door, is a boy with bark brown hair and glowing red eyes. Based on appearance, he seems to be around the age of an eight to nine years old child.

"I'm hungry..." Ryo said.

Not only the tone in his voice is emotionless, even his red eyes are dull and lifeless. And that gives both Izuku and Kayama chills as they realized that this child is a bad news.

Shadow-like hands begin to rise up from the shadow beneath Izuku and Kei. Sensing the danger, Izuku quickly release Kei and dodge the hands by jumping away from the older vampire. The shadow hands gadded onto Kei by his arm and legs, pulling him up into a kneeling position. One of the hands grad onto his head and force him to turn around and look at Ryo. Kei's unable to see anything but he knew that Ryo is approach him, staring at him with those creepy and disturbing gaze.

Ryo hasn't drink any blood in a week and he looks like he might snap at any moment due to hunger. While it was his own fault for not feeding the younger vampire sooner, Kei believe that things will be fine. Ryo has listened to him like an obedient dog all these time without a problem so this time wouldn't be any different.

"I'm hungry." He repeated. Tilting his head to the side, he asked, "Where... is my food?"

"That woman over there is your food. If you kill her, you can drink her blood." Kei replied.