Chapter 17: Trial

Standing in front of the meeting room, Takami was waiting for the others to arrival so that they can start their meeting about the boy who has been hiding a vampire from them. He was the first one to arrival and the next one to reach after him is Aizawa, who was part of that mission regarding the boy and the vampire.

"I remember what you said during our last meeting." Aizawa said.

"Hm?" Takami blinked, surprised and confused to hear that the first sentence to come out of Aizawa's mouth would be this. "You remember what I said?"

"The idea of having using a vampire who is willing to protect humans... you aren't against it right?"

Now this has certainly caught his full attention and he can finally understand why Aizawa choose to approach him to talk about it.

"Tell me about it." Takami smiled.

~~~

When Katsuki finally woke up, he was quick to notice that he was locked up in their organization's underground cell with Kirishima and Kaminari. Katsuki was pissed that they were being treated like a fucking prisoner. On top of that, their weapons and phones has been confiscated.

Pushing himself up into a sitting position, Katsuki saw Kirishima and Kaminari sitting on the opposite side, safe and unharmed. He was glad that those two idiots are fine but more than that... how long has they been sleeping? What happened to Izuku? They... couldn't have killed him right?

"Oh, you're awake Bakugou." Kaminari said.

"...Where the fuck did those bastards bring Deku to?" Katsuki asked.

"I don't know. But Midoriya's still alive and that's all I know." Kirishima replied.

"Alive for now..." Katsuki thought. Now that they have been captured, its' already game over for them. He's gonna get fired and Izuku's going to die. Katsuki doesn't want this outcome to happen but right now, he couldn't really think of a way out. It might be a different case if there are some higher ups who is willing to side with them.

The bad sign has shown itself when the trio heard the sounds of heavy footsteps and the jingling keys. Katsuki glared at the two hunters as they open the cell and pull the door open.

"Come with us obediently, Bakugou Katsuki." One of them said.

"Bakugou..." Kirishima muttered with a worrying look as he watches Katsuki stood up and left the cell without a word.

Once Katsuki went off with the two hunters, Kaminari finally asked, "When did you guys met?"

"Are you talking about Midoriya?"

"Yes."

"Well, he may be different from the other vampires but he's a really nice guy. Although we only know each other for nearly two months, I can tell that he's the type of person who is willing to put someone else before him."

Kaminari mouthed an 'oh' word and remain silent after that. Izuku saved him before so he's a great guy, just like what Kirishima said. Even if he's a nice guy, he's still a vampire and soon...

The higher ups is going to give Izuku his death sentence.

~~~

The walk down the plain and empty hallway was awfully quiet. Katsuki thought about knocking these two extras out but he know that the cameras on the ceiling is watching his every movement. Any unnecessary movement might makes things even worse. As long as there's a chance for him to talk to those shitty higher ups and getting them to spare Izuku, he's not going to risk it.