Chapter 30: Amajiki Tamaki

It was raining when they started their mission. Amajiki was really nervous as this is the first time he was ordered to go to another town for a mission. In a place that he has never been before, there's no way that he wouldn't be nervous. However, Mirio was with him so it wasn't that bad. As long as Mirio is with him, Amajiki believes that everything will be fine.

But he was wrong...

During the battle, Amajiki got careless and accidentally got injured by the enemy. Due to the heavy rain and how it was already nighttime, he couldn't see that well and got separated from Mirio. Amajiki remember how he was lying on the forest ground, slowly bleeding to dead.

At that point, all he can think about is dying here with no one around to save him. The fear of dying is overwhelming but there's he can do about it. He has always wanted to become like Mirio so he doesn't regret becoming a vampire hunter. However, if it was possible... he'd like to see Mirio for one last time.

As his conscious is slowly slipping away, Amajiki saw someone dressed in a white coat approaching him while holding a black umbrella. The clothing shows that this person is probably a scientist or a doctor. His appearance is kind of... fat and round. In fact, this person is an old man. But Amajiki has a feeling that this person isn't here to save him. For some reason, this stranger is giving him a bad feeling.

"W... who...?" Amajiki managed to ask weakly.

"Oh? You're still conscious" The man said, sounding rather amused. "If you manage to survive until I bring you to my laboratory, I guess I could use you in my small experiment."

Experiment...?

Shit, his gut feeling was right after. This person is bad news!

Amajiki knew that he need to get away but his body just won't move. The man got closer to him and he felt a sharp pain on his shoulder. Did this man just inject him with something? What in the world did he just inject him with?

As the fear and panic begin to build up, Amajiki tried to stay awake for as long as he can but he couldn't hold on for long. After a minute, whatever that the man has injected him with finally starts to work and Amajiki soon passed out.

~~~

(Present time...)

When Amajiki woke up, he found himself strapped to a bed with a metal muzzle around his mouth. He blinked a few times, head feeling dizzy from what drag that the vampire hunters has used on him- oh no...

He was captured by the vampire hunters...

And based on what they said before he lose conscious, they said they are going to send him back to where he came from. So does that means he's at...?

Widen his eyes in both shock and fear, Amajiki tried to get up but the straps that's holding him down is tough. He cannot afford to stay here even for a minute because is this the place where he can run into Togata. Not matter what, he refuse to meet his childhood friend!

Pulling at the straps with all of his strength, the straps eventually snapped and Amajiki was finally free. Sitting up, he saw that he was locked up in a cell room. He can understand why he was put into this room but... it kind of hurts his feelings.

Reaching for the muzzle, Amajiki wanted to rip it off but after reminding himself that he's now a vampire that could easily kill the people in here, he decided to keep the muzzle on until he get out of this place. But can he leave this place to begin with?

He really want to escape without looking back but... can someone like him do it?

Eying the iron bar, Amajiki knew that he could rip it apart but the alarm will surly alert everyone that he has escaped. The tiniest bit of confident he has about escaping is barely there but... the thought of seeing Togata scares him.