Year 5-7 | Dumbledore's Army (3)

Start from the beginning

We walked inside to reveal a very big room. It's walls were like mirrors with a fire place in the very end. It was perfect for practicing spells. In the middle was a practice dummy with a piece of stick to act as a wand.

"Room of requirements?" Neville asked looking around the room examining it.

"It only appears when a person has real need of it, always equipped for the seeker's needs"

"That's amazing"

"I know, well done Neville. We should head back and tell Harry about this"

***

The students all gathered around in the middle of the room of requirements. Harry stood in the very front and I stood next to him. He wanted me to help out teaching the 25 students because I already knew how to perform a couple of the disarming spells he planned on teaching.

"So um, hi everyone. Welcome to the first uh- meeting" Harry stuttered. We didn't exactly have a name for this student led classes yet.

"I suggest we could come up with a name for our group" Luna said from the crowd of students.

"Great, any suggestions?" Harry shrugged looking around the room.

"Defense Association? DA for short?" I suggested looking around the students for confirmation.

"What about Dumbledore's Army? You know, since the ministry fears Dumbledore's Army the most" Cho suggested smiling at me ever so innocently.

"Well if Umbridge found out and the name of this organization is Dumbledore's army then-"

"I agree with Cho" Zacharias interrupted me crossing his arms looking at me straight in the eye. I opened my mouth to say something but didn't, instead I just stared at the ground a little discouraged.

"I also agree with Cho" Marietta called out from the crowd of students standing beside Cho who only smiled at me.

"Me too"
"I do too"

Many different students called out. Almost everyone did except for Neville, Luna, the Weasleys, Hermione and Harry. Silence filled the room and Harry looked at me conflicted.

"Alright, so it's settled. Dumbledore's Army" I smiled weakly looking back up at the crowd of students. No one smiled back.

"How will we meet for our next meeting? Verbally telling each other is too risky" Hannah Abott called out directly looking at me.

"Well I was thinking, Hermione could help me perform the Protean charm on a fake galleon where the numbers on the edge would change to the date of the next DA meeting by Harry's will... Just like-"

"Death eaters" Zacharias spat glaring at me, "Except not with the mark on their body"

"That sounds amazing Evelyn" Hermione smiled at me encouraging me. I signed and looked back towards the ground. They didn't trust me at all, nor did they like me.

"Alright well um, we can first start with a simple disarming charm, can you guys all get in line behind Evelyn and I?" Harry asked as everyone listened standing behind Harry. No one stood behind me except for Luna, Neville, the Weasleys and Hermione, I was extremely discouraged.

"I'll just- watch from the side" I smiled weakly at Harry before stepping away standing beside Neville who was right behind me. A couple of students then stood behind Neville.

"Go ahead and try the disarming spell, just a quick flick and say expelliarmus" Harry motioned towards Neville. In front of the students was the target mummy with the fake wand in it's hand. Neville took a quick deep breath and pointed his wand at the target dummy.

"Expelliarmus!" The spell deflected itself causing Neville's wand to go flying above the students heads.

"I'm hopeless" He muttered to himself.

"You're just flourishing your wand too much, try it like this. Expelliarmus!" Harry pointed his wand at the dummy making it's fake wand go flying out of it's hand. Neville turned around to get his wand when Zacharias stopped him grabbing his arm.

"She'll get it for you" He gestured towards me glaring.

"No, why don't you get it for Neville? You're closer" Harry furrowed his eyebrows at him a little annoyed.

"It's fine Harry I'm not doing anything anyway" I gave him a quick smile before grabbing the wand off the floor handing it back to Neville. He looked at me apologetically to which I only smiled.

"What is your guys' problem?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows turning to face the students.

"We don't trust her" Zacharias said.

"Well you idiot why would she be helping Harry how to defend yourselves if she's the one that would attack you?" Ron turned around to face the other students too.

"It's fine Ron, it's true. My mother murdered my dad and she's also a death eater. That's just the truth and it makes sense you guys don't trust me, but honestly I think I deserve basic respect" I said looking at Zacharias with an emotionless face.

"You won't be given respect in Azkaban with your mother" He said glaring at me. My hands gripped on my wands tight. When I was trying to figure out a jinx for the snitch I had learned other hexes and jinxes. I could easily do damage to him right now and I very much wanted to. I took a deep breath in and turned around looking away to avoid the temptation. If I hexed him no one would trust me.

"You know what Zacharias-"

"Ron, your turn to try the disarming charm" I quickly interrupted Harry to avoid creating a fuss.

The rest of the DA meeting went by with students trying to learn the disarming charm. Hermione helped me perform the Protean charm on the fake galleons. The whole time she was looking at me sympathetically and I pretended not to notice, I don't need anyone's sympathy. The students all headed out of the room grabbing a galleon leaving just Harry and I inside.

"Evelyn.. Are you alright?" He came up from behind me standing besides me. I walked over and leaned in placing my head on his shoulders.

"Never better" I whispered in his ears. He wrapped his arm around me pulling me close kissing my head.

"I still remember all the hexes I learned from my third year" He said playing with my hair as I laughed slightly. My laughter was very short remembering him and Cho. I still wasn't sure if that kiss back at headquarters meant anything to him.