Final Chapter: And this is how Everything Began...

The Sword and Shield began to glow a light blue, showing the calling of the Legendary Doggos has been successful... that was, until the shield stopped reacting. Soon, the sword followed.

Goh was shocked, making Prof. Cerise laugh. "Come on, Goh. Did you really think I didn't know you would sneak into my office to learn the truth?"

The boy with the Cinderace's eyes widen, realizing what just happened. His knees collapsed, making him fall to the floor. "I fell into a trap..."

"Goh?" Ash looked at his new friend. Some gut feeling told him that this wasn't Goh's only plan, but nothing came to mind. "You have a back up plan, don't you?"

The boy said nothing. This put the raven haired boy into a rage. The feeling was not towards his friend, but towards the evil man in front of him.

"Now, I know what you're thinking Ash: How could you?" The man began walking towards the duo as Exteramax uses Eterabeam to knock all the Pokemon fighting it out. Any Pokemon who wasn't affected by the Dragon-Type move was then shot down by a Flamethrower. "I have a simple answer for that, really: I know something you don't. That something I know has let me create this reality you see here."

Cerise then grabbed Ash's face, forcing him to look at the man. Pikachu tried protecting Ash, but was kicked off to the side by an extremely powerful kick.

"I know what you are thinking right now as well: what do you mean by 'create this reality' and 'how could you do that to Pikachu?!' Let me start off with the second question: I'm not your kindhearted villain. I couldn't give a crap about your Pikachu." His grin widened. "As for me being able to 'create this reality' ...I guess the closest thing you would understand is 'Alternate Timelines' as you have seen one before. What was it... Guzzlord?"

As Ash's eyes began to hold fear, he was kicked to the side. Riolu, who was not injured, ran over to his trainer.

"Chairman Rose, if you would." Ceries looked at the man who was next to a device. As the chairman turned it on, an aura field around the two of them and the device.

Riolu saw this and growled, sensing something sinister from it.

"Now, I can't actually complete my plan as long as this reality is but a branch of the main timeline." Cerise looked at Exteramax. "That's why this creature is going to fix that for me."

Now looking at Goh, who Cinderace was no longer by his side (now by Ash's Riolu), he grinned in a way no human could ever do so. "I'm sure you looked though all the data to realize what's about to happen."

Eteramax began descending close to Goh, it's giant 'hand' growing a man-eating mouth.

"It's going to eat me, because my Aura capability is apparently the exact amount needed to make this timeline it's own, correct?"

Ash's eyes widen. "Goh...?"

"And by doing so, my very existence will be nothing." He looked back at Ash, smiling. "That's why I prepared something to counter your plan if for some reason, we couldn't call the guardians of Galar."

When Goh finished, Cinderace shoved something into Riolu's mouth, swallowing it. Despite being night, it's friendship evolution was taking place. As quickly as it began, the evolution finished. Unnatural, but successful.

"Lucario, smash the machine! Fast!" Goh yelled.

Lucario, now fully evolved, could sense what the machine's purpose was. Ash was trying to tell Lucario to save Goh, but did what his friend asked instead.

As Lucario Smashed the machine, making the aura barriers around the two men disappear, Goh was swallowed whole.

"YOU LITTLE RUNT!" Cerise yelled, before falling to the ground.

The world around everyone started distorting, making everyone feel tired. Before Ash blacked out, he heard Goh's voice, somewhat of an echo in the air.

"Think of those who you truly trust. Alongside you, they will remember and help you beat the monster."

Ash had no idea what Goh meant, but he was too upset to understand its meaning. A few people came to mind before he could no longer think.

~.~.~.~

The next time Ash opened his eyes, he was in the loft within his Alola home. Outside the window, the night sky was showing. His clock said 3AM. Tears came down his eyes, because something told him none of it was a dream.

Stupid Goh! Why didn't you tell me anything?

~.~.~.~

Somewhere in a universe beyond Pokémon's reach, a 24 year old girl with long brown hair and eyes just finished watching a 3 hour Pokemon special. Unknowing to her for now, she will be the only one to ever witness these events.