Chapter 3: Not Everything is what it Seems...

(Chapters are no longer from the view point of a single character.)

The next day, Ash and Goh were at a meeting with Prof. Cerise and his two research partners. No one had any idea why this meeting was called... and it would, for sure, surprise everyone here.

"Now, I know this is sudden," Prof. Cerise began, "but I'm going to be in Galar for 2 weeks."

"Galar? Why?" Ash asked, tilting his head in curiosity of what could bring this about.

"Pika?" The raven haired boy's partner mimicked his actions.

"I've been asked by Rose to help him out with research regarding a Pokemon he recently obtained." The professor began. "I know this is sudden, but everyone's getting a paid vacation while I'm away."

"Really?" The older blond researcher jumped up in surprise.

"Really. That break you asked for right after can start 2 weeks earlier." Cerise smiled. "I'll even pay for the cancelation fees for the earlier flight to Alola."

"You were planning to go to Alola?" Goh asked Ren, the man in question.

"Well, after you and Ash talked about your time there, I thought I would take a week to see the sights myself. I had a lot of vacations days piling up."

"I guess I need to find something to do for two weeks," Chrysa, the female researcher of the building, added to the conversation. "I've been very interested in Professor Sycamore's current findings on Mega Evolution. Maybe I can go to Kalos for his press conference and ask a couple questions."

"Professor Sycamore?" Ash's eyes beamed. "It's been a long time since I talked to him. I wonder how he's doing!"

"You know him personally?" Goh's curiosity peaked. So did every other human in the room.

"Yeah! When I first entered Kalos, I met a Froakie. It jumped in front of a Mirror Coat Electro Ball..." The boy with zig zags on his cheeks paused for a second, not enjoying remembering how hurt his now Greninja was. "The froakie was actually a run away from his lab. That's when I first met Professor Sycamore. After that, we talked a lot, because that Froakie soon became a Greninja capable of doing something similar to Mega Evolu-"

"WAIT, THAT WAS YOU?" Goh shot up from his seat. Sobble, who was on his head, jumped off and onto Cinderace's head (who was standing right behind.) "YOU WERE THAT BOY IN THE KALOS LEAGUE WITH A THE BOND PHENOMENON GRENINJA?"

Ash, at the sound of someone recognizing his actions, tensed up for just a second. Lucky for him, it was not noticeable to anyone. "You watched the league? I never would of taken you for someone who watched battles before we met."

"You got it all wrong!" Goh seemed a bit annoyed, but not angered. "I liked researching things. About 2 months after the Kalos Crisis happened, articles all over the web appeared regarding a Greninja who looked different look then normal cutting down red-looking vines alongside a green dog-looking Pokemon. I was able to find out that the first time this Pokemon publicly appeared was during the Kalos League. For some reason, I couldn't find much info on the trainer or that years league..."

"Yeah, that was me." Ash cut Goh off before he could bring up any more he might know. He doesn't wanna think about the Kalos League. It's too painful for the Pallet Town boy.

"Anyway, do you think I could stay here?" Goh asked the head professor. "Someone needs to take care of all the Pokemon I caught."

"Me, too!" Ash jumped in. "I'm sure Riolu wants to beat Cinderace in a rematch. Right?"