Chapter 8: Eteramax Rises

Prof. Kukui listened to Goh, now his facial expression is filled to the brim with terror. "Are you sure about this?"

Goh nods. "I wouldn't of actually told anyone, but in your situation, I felt like at least you should be aware." He looks out the window, the night sky filled with many stars. "If Ash knew about this, he would go crazy trying to find a better solution. Just know that I only plan to go that far if the main plan fails."

The professor looks down, hat covering his face. "He's not going to be happy, you know."

"I know." Goh gives himself a forced smile. "If it comes to that, that just means it wasn't meant to be."

Kukui took a second to collect his emotions before speaking once more. "I can see why you would do that. I won't say anything, but you need to promise me you will do everything to prevent that outcome."

"I will." Goh finishes up their conversation with that last sentence, like it or not.

The train begins to wobble back and forth, unbalanced. The two fall over, taking a few seconds to get back on their feet. The door to the room slams open, everyone still in their day outfits.

"Pink lights began hitting Pokemon all around the train, making them grow!" Gladion stated. "Something is wrong."

Goh lost all traces of any fake smile he had before. "It's starting, already?! We had a week!"

"Jirachi will teleport everyone to the source!" The Wish Pokemon said, who Max was holding close to him. "Although once Jirachi does so, Jirachi will fall into a deep sleep..."

Goh, who was acting as the team leader the entire time, forced a brave face on. "Everyone, grab ALL your belongings. Quickly! We leave in 2 minutes."

As everyone scrambled to grab their things, Max spent the remaining time with Jirachi. He knew the 2 wouldn't be together long, but it was sad their time would be cut short.

"Max will always be Jirachi's best friend, right?" The Pokemon asked, smiling.

"Of course!" Max held back the tears he felt he needed to shed, not wanting to show weakness.

Everyone was finally ready, huddled close enough for Jirachi to get them all in one go.

"Everyone ready?" Jirachi asked, which was followed by nods from everyone. "Jirachi wishes you all the best of luck!"

Jirachi, alongside everyone and their belongings, were teleported out of the train. Their destination: The roof of Hamerlocke Stadium.

~.~.~.~

When the bunch landed, all the Pokemon came out of their Pokeballs. Jirachi began hibernating in Max's arms. Tapu Koko took a protective stance by the boy who was now unable to fight. Prof. Kukui joined his side.

Lillie and Gladion were standing side by side, their fighting Pokemon next to each of them. Snowy, the Alolan Vulpix Lillie had the entire time, decided to stand by Max's side as extra protection.

May and Iris also stood side-by side, along with their Pokemon. May pulled her Mega Ring to her heart, beginning her Mega Evolution Chant.

"From our beginning, we've always been one. The bond that we share is proof of our connection. From a new born chick to the lead of the team, it's time to to show the world our power! Blaziken, Mega Evolve!" With those words and Blaziken's matching bow on it's head that contained a Blazikenite, the starter of the Hoenn girl was now Mega Blaziken.

Bonnie and Clemont stood next to each other, each bringing out their battle partner. Luxray stood tall as Squishy transformed into it's dog-like shape.

Ash and Goh were in the middle of everyone, all their Pokemon standing tall. Pikachu and Riolu in front of Ash with his 3 flying-types above him. Goh's Cinderace was standing by his side with Sobble on his shoulder.

In front of the group was Chairman Rose and Prof. Cerise, along with Eteramax, already in that state.

"Look who finally arrived, Chosen One of the world." A smerk came from Cerise's face.

Ash's face showed rage. "I don't know how you found out so much about me, but this ends NOW!"

"Pika!" Pikachu growled.

"Rio!" Riolu did the same.

"Now, I wonder how you found out so much..." The Professor said, playfully.

Goh's face showed some worry. Although everyone knew the basic plan of what was needed to accomplish, only Ash and Prof. Kukui knew enough to help direct everyone. Sadly, Ash's current job wasn't to lead. His help was needed by Goh's side.

He turned to Prof. Kukui, who got the message. Making sure everything went smoothly fell on these two.

"Alright, everyone!" Prof. Kukui ended up taking charge. "You know what we need to do. Let's start!"

"Right!" Everyone but Ash, Goh, and Max said. Everyone began an all out assault on Eteramax, keeping it's attention off Ash, Goh, and Charizard. (Who was still carrying the important items.)

~.~.~.~

Prof. Cerise saw what they were doing, but didn't say a word about it. He just pretended not to notice what they were scheming. "Do you really think your little Pokemon can defeat this masterpiece?"

"Who can say?" Goh began taking the role of distracting Ceries from Ash's actions, who was taking the items from the bag Charizard was holding.

"How did you even find out about any of this, Goh?" The Professor asked.

Seeing Ash needed more time, Goh kept playing along. "Well, you've been acting strange for awhile now. Since we came back from Johto."

"Oh?"

"You've been in your office a lot more, too. That, plus you didn't want me talking about Cinderace's evolution in that room."

"I'm sure there's more to it, isn't there, Goh?"

Ash was almost done grabbing the items needed. If they weren't so heavy, he wouldn't have to entertain the madman!

"When you gave me the keys to the lab, only the key for your room was missing. Heck, the one for the file room was there! That's when I decided to hack your computer..."

Ash was finally done. "Here you go, Goh!"

He tossed the Shield to Goh as he quickly picked up the sword. Prof. Ceries eyes widened. "Those are-!"

"The data may of been scattered throughout 100 documents, but everything was there. Your plans and the one thing that could stop you!"

The two boys held their respective items, the Rusted Sword in the air and the Rusted Shield near the heart.

In unison, they shouted, "The world needs your help once again from the threat of Eteramax! Please come forth, Zacian and Zamazenta!"