chapter 107: i love you

Start from the beginning

"I..." Jungkook swallowed hard as he placed the pint of beer in his hands down on the table with a thud. "I miss her. Everyday, I think about her. Whether I'm working, eating, bathing, trying to sleep but to no avail, I'm thinking about her.

"I'm always constantly thinking about what she's doing. Is she eating well? Is she sleeping well? Has she forgotten about me and carried on living her life, the way she did before she met me? Is she watching the drama we watched together every weekday night at 10pm? Is she still singing in the shower the way she used to - singing so loudly that I could still hear her from my room no matter how hard I tried not to?

"Or is she like me, living every moment of her life feeling like it's being wasted away? Is she curled under the blanket every night, rocking herself back and forth as she cries, thinking about me? Everyday, I think to myself - she's paid the price, I can forgive her now. If she's really sorry... I can forgive her. Because I don't want to see her in that state. It hurts me."

Jungkook let out a deep sigh as he chugged down the remaining half bottle of soju, letting out a loud burp before carrying on.

"At first..." Jungkook's speech was much slower this time, as all the alcohol began to kick in. "I was angry... I wanted to hurt her back... I wanted to make it so heartbreaking for her that she'll finally feel sorry for what she did to me... But reading that diary, I think I never needed to do that... She was already hurting for me even before I found out about anything... She was already hiding things from me, afraid that I'd be hurt again... She genuinely cared for me... If that diary really is true... If it really isn't just another one of her lies to fool me... I surrender... I don't care anymore... I... I... I just want to risk it all... For her... I feel like... I think... I feel like I... I can give up everything too..."

Bang!

Jungkook's head slammed straight down onto the table next to Seokjin's. The two heartbroken men, completely knocked out by their number one friend and foe... alcohol.

-•-•-

"And in return... she says..." Byulyi thought for a while before typing at her computer. "I'll do... it! I'll... do... it, sajang-nim! I'll... date!"

Byulyi finished up with that scene and pushed herself back from her desk, removing her glasses and massaging her eyes a little. Then she turned around and glanced at a sleeping Jieun on the couch. Poor little sleeping beauty Jieun who had just been sleeping all day. Well, if Byulyi had to choose, it was still better than stuffing her face non-stop or bawling her eyes out. At least, like that, it was quiet.

Byulyi turned back to her computer after taking a short 5-minute break, getting ready to get down to business once more.

Ding! Dong!

Byulyi glanced up at the wall clock. 1.37am.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Byulyi frowned as she got up from her seat and hurried towards the door, wondering why anyone would possibly be here at this hour. Was it a package, perhaps? A delivery guy who was working overtime? Well, that didn't make any sense...

Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong!

Whoever this person was, sure was impatient.

Byulyi peeked through the eyehole of the door and nearly flipped.

"Ya-" Byulyi rushed back into the living room at once, prodding Jieun in the side. "Ya! Wake up! Lee Jieun! Wake up!"

Jieun groaned and swatted her hands around as Byulyi kept poking her everywhere. "Wha... huh... mm... no... stop..."