chapter 106: i like you

Start from the beginning

"Oh..." Hyejin nodded with a little smile. "Actually, it does. I get it now, bujang."

"Things aren't going to get easier moving forward," Namjoon continued. "Hyejin-ssi, you're doing extremely well so far - to be honest with you, you're definitely one of the up and rising reporters that I have my eye on. But the most important thing is that you always never forget the person you are at the beginning - that same bubbly girl filled with drive and energy, I hope you never forget her till the very end."

"I won't, bujang." Hyejin beamed. "I promise."

"So now promise me you won't skip a meal just to work overtime ever again, will you?" Namjoon said as he picked up his chopsticks once more and popped a piece of tripe into his mouth. "Especially not tripe... this is way too delicious."

"I agree, tripe sure is delicious." Hyejin smiled too as she watched Namjoon close his eyes and grin in delight. "It's really nice, bujang, to be able to sit here and enjoy some tripe as I listen to your advice."

"That time, you were the one who gave me advice at the restaurant too, weren't you?" Namjoon chuckled as he looked up at Hyejin. "That's what friends are for, isn't it?"

"You're right, that's what friends are for-" Hyejin picked up a piece of tripe and placed it on Namjoon's plate, glancing up at Namjoon with a grateful smile on her face. "For both good food, and for good talks."

-•-•-

Taehyung absolutely slayed his audition.

He absolutely nailed the role so much so that Yoongi, who was clearly extremely critical of him, couldn't even make a single complaint when he was done.

"Wah, daebak..." Jennie clapped her hands excitedly. "That was amazing... Oppa! Since when have you gotten so good at acting? I thought you were just good at singing and dancing but it turns out you're good at acting too... What are you not good at?"

"Ah, you're praising me too much..." Taehyung laughed as he took his seat, glancing briefly at Yoongi. "I'm getting a little shy."

"Oppa, don't you think it was great?" Jennie prodded Yoongi in the arm. "He exceeded your expectations, didn't he?"

"He was... pretty alright," Yoongi finally managed as he glanced at Taehyung condescendingly. "For how long have you been acting?"

"Well..." Taehyung thought for a while. "I have done minor acting in my music videos and some CF shoots. But I haven't had any role in an official drama before, so this will be my first."

"And it'll be the lead role?" Yoongi glanced at Jennie. "If he doesn't have experience on set, it'll be very difficult for him. Right now, he's just acting in front three people... but acting in front of a camera will be much, much harder."

"But you said he was good!" Jennie argued with her eyebrows furrowed. "You were left in awe after he acted too! And he has so much experience in front of the camera! I don't think it'll be a problem - am I right, Taehyung-oppa?"

"Mmhmm!" Taehyung looked at Yoongi with an earnest look on his face. "I spoke to my sajang-nim earlier about this role and I told him how keen I was - he told me he had faith in me and that he was sure I'd do well. I may not be that experienced, but I will definitely give it my best shot, Min PD-nim!"