Bread as body

The two of them sat on Larry's couch together, a blanket over their bodies comfortably as Larry put on a movie.
The two of them loved historical fiction, but this one was turning out to be a real snore, even the romantic drama predictable and boring. Their plan of a good home movie was turning out badly, but neither was saying anything about the terrible film. Instead, their attention was focused on the warmth of the other's body tucked underneath the blanket.

The veggies sat apart from each other, but as the movie progressed their bodies became more relaxed. They sprawled closer and closer together, their knees touching, just barely. Skin hot enough to sense with almost no contact at all.
The romance of the film was written terribly. An incredibly awkward, but delectably unbiblical, scene came on screen.
Normally Bob would blush and turn away, but the closeness to Larry was deliciously distracting. His mind couldn't help but picture the two vegetables tangled in a saucepan in place of the characters on screen.

'Oh, yes.' The woman on screen whispered as the camera traveled across the man's body. It was an unpleasant shot, but the image of Larry and himself in his mind tantalized the tomato.

Bob groaned in his mind at the discomfort of the moment. They were supposed to bake their relationship slowly at 350 degrees in a preheated oven. And now, looking on screen and feeling the warm skin of his friend, he felt every pump of blood through his vegetable being.

'What if it's just me feeling this? But the air's so thick I could slice it with a kitchen knife...' Bob wondered, his mind wild and boiling in the steamy setting.

Meanwhile, Larry the cucumber's cucumber had been in a difficult dish of its own since the moment that the two of them started discussing what had happened in the church. His pants hid it well enough, and it was foolish to think that the tomato would even assume how enthralled Larry was every moment they were together. That idea would simply ruin the time they share on set.

Larry shifted on the couch, the tension unbearable.

The tragic movie choice was quite the distraction from an otherwise pleasant date night. Larry couldn't believe that he chose this one. He watched Bob in the corner of his eye nervously. He saw the awkward movements and glossy eyes as Bob stared at the screen, his legs clearly tense under the blanket.
God, Larry could hardly stand it. He felt like he'd been sliced open just looking at how Bob squirmed in discomfort. The tomato visibly glanced nervously at the remote every few moments, probably eager to turn off the cinematic teasing. Larry guessed that Bob was severely unattracted and uninterested in him now. The accidental sexual atmosphere had surely ruined the night.

Bob was looking at the floor, and sucked in a breath when Larry shifted on the couch. His heart was hammering and his skin felt tight on his body. Was he about to make a move? Did he want him to? God, yes, he did. But how embarrassing it would be to admit it. He was bright red in the dark room, fidgeting with his fingers as the tension held the rest of his body down.

Larry grabbed the remote. He'd had enough of the torment, and Bob's boundaries were verbally clear in how fast their vegetable medley of a relationship was supposed to develop.

The air settled silently, the two men looking anywhere but into each others' eyes. Bob didn't think there'd ever been a more tempting and excruciating moment in his life. The room was now pitch black with the sun far under the horizon line, and the absolute silence was almost laughable.

"So... I um. I think petunia left one of her game consoles here...if you want to play something?" Larry said. He shuffled off the couch and went to turn a light on, desperately hiding his flushed skin.

The tomato took a few deep breaths quietly, now realizing how tense he was. Larry had left him breathless and they didn't even touch.

"Yeah..."

------------------------------

"AND THEN-" Larry took a deep breath to stop himself from screaming into his cell phone. Petunia was eagerly listening on the other end, nodding along and brushing her long red hair. It was about 12:30 am and Bob had just left. "And then the movie started playing a s... a sex scene. And we just sat there. I didn't know what to do."

Petunia started cackling, her eyes wide in surprise. "No! Oh my goodness, Larry! Did you, you know...?"

Larry coughed, taken aback by her suggesting tone. "Ugh, Petunia...He literally just told me about how he's not comfortable yet, I couldn't do anything! I don't know... I really wanted to-- but he doesn't even like me like that."

"Come on, Larry! He's so hot for you he's turning into soup. And I get it but... how could you not, it's like the universe was telling you to! Tut tut." Petunia teased through the phone."Anyway babe, I've got to go. I'm learning some lines and I have to focus. Good luck with Mr. tomato. Bye bye--"

"Okay, bye Petunia." Larry sighed as his rhubarbian friend hung up quickly.

Now he was left with his own thoughts, and it was a one-way track towards Bob. He felt his skin flush again, a warm and uncomfortable reminder of every time he's put the two of them in an awkward and erotic situation-- he shook his head. It was getting embarrassing. Surely Bob would block his number, or file a restraining order, or...

His phone dinged with a text notification. From Bob.

'Loved hanging out with u ;P lmk when we can do it again...'