chapter 104: the final time

Start from the beginning

"Woah, calm down-" Jennie raised her eyebrows, giving Yoongi a look. "I'm just calling to ask you something."

Jungkook didn't answer.

"Hello? Are you even listening?" Jennie frowned. "Ya- are you still there...?"

"You said you had something to ask me...?" Jungkook said curtly. "I was waiting for you to continue, why are you getting mad?"

"I'm getting mad? That's only because-" Jennie caught sight of Yoongi's face, took a deep breath and tried her best to hold it in. "Okay, fine, I'm sorry. Anyway, I wanted to say that remember Min Yoongi? Unit 105, the guy living next to you - and now, next to me? Yeah, he's gonna be directing a drama, it's gonna be his first ever drama. He has worked very hard for this, and I really wanna try my best to help him achieve his dreams and-"

"You said you had one question..." Jungkook yawned. "When is it coming?"

Jennie was getting slightly offended by the passive and nonchalant attitude Jungkook was giving her over the line and was this close to giving up. But she recalled what she had said to Yoongi earlier and held it in - getting Jungkook to act in the drama itself or even simply help then promote... was going to do leaps and bounds for the project. She had to hold it in... for him, at least."

"So, anyway..." Jennie took a deep breath. "My point is... I was thinking, if perhaps you have the interest or time, I was thinking you could consider taking up a role in the drama - it doesn't need to be a huge role... Maybe a cameo? I'll be acting in the drama too, so I think it'll be good publicity..."

"No."

After saying so much, Jennie was still so heartlessly rejected. And it really hurt her pride.

"Or perhaps, if you're not keen, maybe you could do me a favour and post about the drama when the time comes? Like, no obligation though, but it'll be really nice if you could help me in some way or another. I would definitely need all the help I can possibly get..."

"I'm busy."

"But Jungkook-ah, that time, I posted about your latest album too-" Jennie furrowed her eyebrows. "I'm not trying to be calculative, but as a friend, I thought it'd be nice if you could just return the favour this time...? You have so many more social media followers than me..."

"Can you not?" Jungkook snapped. "I'm already busy with my own life as it is, stop bothering me with your own trivial problems. It's none of my business."

Jennie closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. Keep it in, Jennie Kim. Keep it in, don't lash out. He's normally this rude, this is normal. Maybe you called at the wrong time. It's okay, don't make a scene-

"Ya."

Jennie looked up, surprised by the following sequence of events that had happened so abruptly she didn't even have any time to react. As her eyes fluttered open, she saw Yoongi reach over and grab the phone from her hands, taking complete control of the situation.

"Ya-" Yoongi repeated into the phone, looking more pissed off than Jennie had ever seen him. "Don't talk to her like that."

"What?"

"I said, don't talk to Jennie like that-" Yoongi said as he glanced at Jennie. "She's not someone who deserves to be spoken to in that way."