chapter 104: the final time

Start from the beginning

"Give them a second chance?" Jungkook breathed heavily. "For what? To let them ruin my life again?"

Silence fell over the room.

"I'm not even asking you to forgive her immediately," Seokjin said after some time. "I'm just asking you just to give her a second chance and give her diary a proper read. Who even just reads just the first few pages?"

Jungkook kept quiet this time.

"When you read a book, you don't just read the first few pages and call it quits, do you?"

"Well, if the book isn't worth my time, then yeah."

"How will you know whether it's worth your time until you read it till the end?"

"By reading the synopsis."

"You're going off-topic," Seokjin pointed out.

"Who's the one who brought up the analogy of a book?"

Seokjin stared at Jungkook for a few seconds, then let out a loud sigh as he shove the diary back in Jungkook's hands and rose to his feet. "You know what? Moon Byulyi was right - none of us can persuade you to read it if you don't want to. I take my hands off this matter from now. I'm gonna take a shower, you do whatever you want."

-•-•-

"You sure...?"

"Yeah, why not?" Jennie laughed. "Honestly, I think it'll be good if we keep our options open, don't you think?"

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows. "It is good to keep our options open... but not when the option is... him."

"Why?" Jennie frowned. "You know, he may not be an actor but I can assure you that he really can act..."

"You know that's not what I'm talking about-" Yoongi pursed his lips, giving Jennie a disapproving look. "I'm talking about..."

"Why? We're on pretty good terms nowadays-" Jennie finally understood and retorted with a smile, holding up her phone as she punched in the numbers. "He's not the same rude guy he was when I first got to know him! Didn't you see during the Love House filming? We really got along pretty well... Oh! That time, didn't he come here when you were around as well? I'm telling you - we're friends now, oppa!"

Yoongi still wasn't convinced.

"Well, I think it's a good idea," Jennie said with a shrug. "Even if he's not keen on acting as a fixed actor, he can do a cameo of some sort... or just participate in promotions! It'll increase the outreach of your drama, for sure. And I'm like, 90% sure he's gonna be okay with it - it really doesn't take much effort on his part. So what do you say?"

Yoongi bit his lower lip, thinking hard. "Well... I'm not the most for it, but if you really think it's a good idea, go ahead. I'll trust you with this."

"Good choice, oppa." Jennie grinned as she hit the call button and put the phone on speaker. "I won't disappoint you, for sure."

Ring... Ring...

Jennie gave Yoongi a confident smile as she waited for the call to go through. A few more rings later, the call finally went through, but Jungkook didn't say a word.

"Hello...?" Jennie asked cautiously. "Is that Jeon Jungkook?"

A short silence then Jungkook finally answered her curtly. "What?"