Chapter 2

...
Friends. • a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations.

Why do we need them?  We choose to think they make our life better but all they do is bring unexpected hardship. Every friendship ends at some point.Why commit to something that's going to end ?

"Jaliyah" i heard my cousin yell.

She had her friends over again.

I slowly got up making my way down the stairs. Stopping once i got in front of them.

i looked at kaliah waiting for her to speak.

"go to the gas station and get us some drinks".

she handed me a twenty and pushed me towards the door.

" you finna make the girl walk?"  the guy from who gave me the strange look said .

"Shut up pooter, she got legs for a reason." she said walking up to me

"nah bru that's fucked up, lemme take ha" he said getting up taking his keys out of his pocket.

"No pooter she got it " Kaliah said rolling her eyes .

Pooter.

"yeah, why u wanna help her anyways " the girl from yesterday said rolling her eyes .

"damn why the fuck does it matter , get off my tip" pooter said walking towards the door . "poor girl don't even know what we want .

" can i go" some other guy said from the couch.

he had a goofy smile on his face .

"no nigga stay yo goofy ass here " pooter said giving him a stank face  .

He turned to look at me.

he tilted his head toward the door motioning me to go with him .

i walked out the door slowly waiting for him to lead the way to the car.

"too bad i'm going anyways" i head from behind me .

soon i heard fast footsteps as the guy with the goofy smile ran in front of my towards a black truck.

" this dumb ass nigga" i heard pooter say under his breath .

"AND GET YO ASS IN THE BACK " pooter talked as the other boy attempted to open the passenger door.

I sat in the passenger staring out the window , watching ass the buildings around quickly came and left .

i learned the guys name is jay .

" Omfg jay stfu" pooter said as jay continued to sing his ears off.

" don't be mad i sound like beyone" jay said rolling his eyes .

" gay ass nigga " pooter mumbled pulling into the gas station .

i honestly don't understand why i was told to go if they could've just went instead.

"Jay when we get in here don't go touching shit , u like a lil ass kid in the grocery store" potter said parking .

"i'm a grown ass nigga ftytb" jay said getting out the car.

i got out behind them walking into the store.

as i walk in potter is by the door .

"aye , i got the he drinks , take the twenty and use it as u please" he said .

jay came up behind me snacking on some chips that he for sure didn't pay for.

"he must like u bc he always make me pay for shit " he said smacking .

"jay getcho uglyass on and pay for them chips " potter said smacking the back of his head and walking off.

"damn nigga, don't nobody need to know i didn't pay for em " jay said rolling his eyes .

" just fucking stupid " Pooter said putting the drinks on the counter in front of the clerk, " and let me get a pack of backwoods " he said pointing to something on the wall behind the clerk .

The clerk began to ring everything up .

"That'll be 15.30 " he said waiting for Pooter to had him payment.

Pooter took a 20 out his pocket and handed it to the man behind the counter .

I just kinda stood there standoff-ish with the 20 dollars from kaliah.

"Ight let's roll out " poorer said turning towards me and jay .

We all walked out the door . Jay still holding the chips he didn't pay for .

"You want some " jay said holding the bag towards me .

I shook my head continuing to walk towards the car .

Literally could've just stayed home .

We got back in the car in the same spots we rode in .

"You good ?" Pooter asked as I stared out the window.

I turned towards him noticing he was talking to me. I nodded my head turning back towards the window.

"What's yo name ?" He asked .

I shrugged .

Of course I knew my name , I just didn't like to talk . Usually it wasn't a problem because no one ever took interest into me . So him asking these questions was simply too much for me . It's not like he asked me some rocket science. I just haven't talked since I was little and I simply just couldn't now .

"Forgot yo ahh don't talk" he said pulling off .

The car ride was filled with nothing but silence .just how I liked it .
....

It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company

<><><><><><>><><><><<><>><><><>