At some point their hands touched when the alley was particularly narrow. The blue inkling could feel his cheeks getting hot and glanced to his right at Rider, who seemed flustered as well. The shorter one felt a hint of disappointment when they had the space to move apart a bit more again. Why was he feeling this way? Shouldn't this have been really awkward? He didn't quite notice how he was fantasizing about grabbing his friend's hand until his chance was missed.

Time went by way too fast for Goggles' liking and soon the air cooled down to the point of Rider puttig his leather jacket back on. It was evening already. The lime boy suggested going back to the Square and finding the rest of their teams. Goggles nodded in agreement, his feet started hurting from all this walking. He barely got outside the last week except from occasional training with Team Blue.

As they neared the lobby the shorter boy felt a sharp pain in his stomach. Going back means having to say goodbye to Rider and he just didn't want this day to end.

All of Rider's teammates and Headphones went home already. Goggles felt a bit guitly having missed his chance to say goodbye to all of them. The lime boy however didn't seem to mind it much.

„You sure took your time", Specs said while fixing his glasses.

„Mhm... sorry", the shorter blue boy answered awkwardly but still managed to smile at his friend.

„You could've gone home you know", Rider remined Specs sternly. Was he pissed at his remark? Or pissed he made Goggles apologize for something that's not directly his fault?

„U-Um yes I know", Specs cleared his throat. „I was just saying..." He looked over to Bobble Hat to presumably make her say something too. „I didn't wanna wait here alone", she said smiling as usually. That made Goggles feel even more guilty. This time for making Specs and Bobble Hat wait for him, as she didn't like going home alone when it was getting dark.

„Sorry...", the blue boy whispered. Specs looked at Rider apologetically as he might've feared another more hostile comment from the tall boy. But he didn't get anything more than a stern look, which still seemed to make the team leader uncomfortable.

Now was the time to say goodbye and Goggles had to try his best to not be visibly upset about it. Specs said a quick goodnight aswell as Bobbles. The blue boy would've loved to give Rider a hug but he didn't manage to get the courage to do so. Especially not with his teammates nearby. So he had to be content with a brief goodbye and a warm smile from the lime boy.

While walking back home with his housemate, Goggles looked up at the darkening sky, staring at the stars slowly sprinkling across it. He alway found them calming and he usually gazed at them to clear his mind or reminisce. Like today. He was thinking about the turf war, his weird behavior, the lunch, taking a walk with Rider... and remembered his soft smile. It made the blue boy smile to himself aswell. He also thought about the lime boy's warm palm and desperately wished to relive that feeling. If he had only grabbed his hand when he could've! „If only you had some confidence", Goggles thought to himself, frustrated.

Soon him and Bobbles arrived at home and they unlocked the front door.

„How was your day with Rider?", Bobble Hat asked her housemate curiously after entering.

„It was nice", he answered, trying not too sound too enthusiastic for once.

„Just nice? You really seem to get along well lately!", she insisted.

„Um- yeah. He's actually really nice i-if you gave him a chance", Goggles was weirdly defensive over his lime friend. Bobbles decided not to annoy him further and the two each disappeared into their own rooms.

Later that night, when the blue inkling laid in his bed still whide awake, he thought of texting Rider. He just couldn't stop thinking about him! „Ugh, what's up with you?!", Goggles scoffed at himself, still staring at the ceiling. He couldn't quite understand yet...

——————————————————————————————————————————— <3

Im alive!! And im sorry!
I honestly didn't feel like writing because i was scared of doing something wrong if that makes sense? I just don't want to disappoint anybody with where the story's going.
And well i don't quite know either. I know certain things i want to happen but not really when or how to get to that point. I think I'll just write without overthinking it too much if that's alright with y'all.

But yes thank my oc for reminding me how much i love writing cuz i was summarizing his backstory and i was just really enjoying myself

Im sure the next chapter wont take half a year to appear lol

I hope y'all didn't completely give up on me

10.03.21
1479 words