twenty four

"Are you sure it's okay for me to come? I can stay home while you go visit him, I don't want to intrude." Regulus said nervously, but secretly hoping that they would allow him to visit his brother.

"Nonsense! You're family!" Apollo waved off, before knocking into the Potter Manor's front door. The door opened, revealing Fleamont, who beamed at the group brightly.

"Great! You're here!" He said, before sparing a glance at Regulus, raising an eyebrow, but the smile never left his face.

"He ran away from home too, last night. But not before hexing the bitch." Lyra whispered to Fleamont, and he grinned mischievously at Regulus.

"Good Job! If I had the chance, I would too." He smirked.

This earned a grin from Regulus, who calmed down slightly. The group made their way upstairs towards where Sirius' room was located. Lyra knocked on the door softly, she was unsure whether the boy was still asleep or not.

But then the door opened softly, and Euphemia's face greeted them with a smile. She turned to the side to let the group in, and her eye caught Regulus, and she glanced at Lyra with a questioning stare.

However, she didn't answer him, instead she rushed to the figure that was laying on the bed.

"How are you? Are you feeling okay? What happened? Does anything still hurt?" She fussed, scanning for the boy's previous injuries.

"I'm fine, kitten." He gave her a cheeky grin. "Thank you."

Lyra sighed in relief, but then she remembered that Regulus was still here.

"I brought someone. He wants to see you." She told him softly, and Sirius finally noticed the figure standing in the back of the room awkwardly.

James, who was sitting by his bed the whole time, took notice of the figure too. And he immediately raised his wand when he saw who the person was.

"What are you doing here!" He shouted, his wand pointed towards the youngest person in the room.

Regulus immediately raised his hands up in surrender. But Lyra was quick to calm the boy down.

"Calm down, Jamie. He's okay." She whispered, her hands pressed against his chest, and then her left hand moved to lower his hand.

"Why are you here?" Sirius questioned his younger brother, sitting up from his previous position. There was a blank look plastered on his face which promptly caused the younger boy to shift nervously.

"I wanted to see how you were doing. I'm sorry I couldn't stop them sooner. I should've stopped them bef-"

"What do you mean sooner?" Sirius interrupted him.

"I might have ran away after I hexed mother the minute you left. I packed all your stuffs too, it's in Lyra's house." He said sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Y-you what?" Sirius gaped at his brother.

"I hexed mother, and packed your stuffs, and mine. I'm living with Lyra now." He told him with a shrug.

"You actually ran away?" Sirius looked at him in disbelief.

"Yeah." He nodded while pursing his lips.

Sirius immediately leaped out of his bed and jumped on his brother. He embraced him for the first time in years, and Regulus tensed for a few seconds, before he melted into the embrace and wrapped his arms around his brother.

Lyra made eye contact with James, and jerked her head to the door. James nodded in understanding and the others left the two brothers alone for some privacy.