three

1st September 1971

Three months has passed since her trip to Diagon Alley, and she managed to place another Extendable Charm on her trunk, unknown to her parents, of course. It was the day that she was finally going to attend Hogwarts. For the second time.

She quickly shook out of her thoughts and called out for one of her house elf.

"Buttons?" A loud crack appeared, and an adorable looking house elf looked at her with wide eyes.

"Can Buttons help Miss?"

"Can you please bring my trunk downstairs?"

"Of course, Miss!" The elf squeaked happily, snapping her fingers, and causing her trunk to disappear.

''Thank you, Buttons. That was all." She smiled.

She had brewed a couple batch of Moonbeam potions which were safely tucked into her trunk, and now all she had to do was befriend Remus Lupin. She quickly shook out of her thoughts and made her way downstairs, tripping on the way causing Harry to laugh loudly on her mind. She simply scowled jokingly and continued her journey.

--------

"I'll come back on Christmas, Mum, Dad. I promise." She told them, watching her mother wipe her tears away.

"You better." Her mother warned, but then softened once more and pulling her into another hug.

This time, her father took over and crouched down, considering he was a very tall man.

"Now, you be good and have fun at school, alright? Don't get into too much trouble." He winked, ruffling her hair and kissing her temple, before pulling her into a warm embrace.

"Alright, Pa. I'm gonna miss you both so much." She smiled sadly.

"We'll miss you too, sweetheart." He smiled lovingly at his daughter.

The train whistle blew, signaling that it was five minutes until the train had to take off,

"I love you, Mum, Dad. I'll see you on Christmas." She hugged them both once more before entering the Hogwarts Express.

She walked through the train, searching for empty compartments, and found on on the deeper side of the train. She immediately claimed the compartment and walked in. She pulled out her notebook of spells and potions, and a pen, before starting to write more ideas.

It was going to be a long journey. A few minutes after she entered the compartment, a pair of students knocked on her compartment.

"Do you mind if we sit here? Everywhere else is full." It was Lily Evans. Harry's mother.

"Not at all." She smiled kindly.

"Thank you." Lily thanked the girl, before entering the compartment, along with a raven-haired boy. Severus Snape.

"I'm Lily Evans, and this is Severus Snape." She introduced herself, and Snape. The boy gave her a curt nod, before continue reading the book he brought,

"Lyra Hyperion. Pleasure to meet you." They went on with small talk before they stopped, and Lyra pulled out her Advanced Potions Making book, and skimming the book, scribbling down notes on the book.

This caught the attention of the red-head.

"What are you reading?"

"Advanced Potions Making." She asnwered.

Right as she said that, Snape's head snapped up.

"That's a sixth year book."

"I know. I like reading." She nodded along.