Homebound

Y'all! This is the last chapter of the story! I have so many emotions right now, I can't even explain it! I'll talk to you guys a little bit after this chapter! But I just wanted to take some time and say thank you to everyone who has read and supported this story. You guys are amazing! Hope you enjoy the conclusion!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cory had insisted that he give Maya and Riley a ride back to campus when maya insisted that she go to her dorm instead of back to the Matthews.

She just wanted to bury herself in her room, under her covers and not come out until she had to.

She had been so stupid. So stupid this whole year that it took until now for her to realize it. Just how much she wanted to be with Josh, and now knowing just how much he wanted to be with her.

She sighed as she clenched her fists together. She wasn't going to cry, not now. Not in front of Cory and Riley. She would wait until she was in the comfort of her room, where nobody could see or hear her.

As they pulled up into campus, Maya was quick to unbuckle and start getting out of the car. A hand reached out and grabbed her own, she looked up into the eyes of the man who had been like a father to her for so long.

"I know, things might seem hopeless right now.  But if there is anyone that could survive this, it's you and Josh." Cory told her. Maya couldn't bring herself to smile at him. So instead she squeezed his hand and gave him a slight nod before getting out of the car. Riley right behind her.

They both were quiet as they entered into their dorm building, Maya felt like she could break again at any moment, and Riley noticed how on edge she seemed.

"Maya-" Riley started. But she didn't seem to know what to say, so she cut herself off.

"It's okay, Riley. Really, I'll be okay." Maya told her. "But I would like to be alone for right now."

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave you by yourself." Riley said. Maya shook her head and was able to give her best friend a fake smile.

"I'm fine. I promise." Maya told her. Riley knew it was a lie, but she decided to give her friend some space for right now. She leaned in and gave Maya a hug before turning around and walking back down the hall.

Maya sighed as she continued to walk towards her dorm room. She wrapped her arms around herself as if she could comfort herself. She didn't want people to see how pathetic she was, how she was about to go into her dorm room and cry the rest of the day away. She wasn't in the mood for sympathy either.

The door was unlocked, causing Maya to narrow her eyebrows in confusion. It wasn't like Riley to leave their dorm room unlocked when they go away for the night. And maya knew that she wouldn't ever do it.

She opened the door cautiously, keeping her eyes on the floor as she walked in. The first thing she did was look over towards the closet, but there were too many clothes and boxes in the way that she was sure nobody could really climb behind and hide.

"Hi." Maya jumped at the voice that had come from the corner of her room. She snapped her head over and her heart seemed to have stopped.

"Josh." She gasped out in shock. "W-what-" she couldn't bring herself to finish her sentence, she couldn't believe that he was here. Josh stood up from the desk chair.

"I made it half way to the airport when I realized, we never really got the chance to say a proper goodbye." He told her. He was hesitant to make his way over to her, he didn't know how she would react.

"But you-how did you-" Maya still seemed unable to form words as everything jumbled up in her head in confusion. Josh gave a slight smirk.

"I kind of picked the lock." He told her as he held up a bobby-pin. "That's one thing they don't teach you in Quantico." He joked lightly. "I couldn't leave without seeing you first." He whispered.

"But I just saw your plane leave at the airport." Maya told him, finally able to come to her senses a little bit. Josh stared at her for a moment.

"You-you were at the airport?" It was his turn to be confused. Maya nodded her head.

"I talked with Cory and Topanga, and I read your letter. And it made me realized something. Something I should have known a long time ago." Maya told him. Josh had a slight grin on his face.

"You did? Like what?" He asked her. Maya swallowed hard as she took him in. He was standing there, right in front of her. After she thought she had lost him for good, he came back to her. And she wasn't going to let him go this time.

"I don't want you to get on that plane." Maya told him. Her breath starting to become uneven. "I want you to stay here in New York. I want you to stay here with me." She whispered the last part.

Josh closed his eyes and let out a long breath that he had seemed to be holding. It was a breath of relief, a breath of happiness.

"I was really hoping you'd say that." And with two long strides, he was taking her into his arms and planting his lips on hers.

It didn't take long for Maya to adjust before she wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss, Josh pulling her closer and tightly against him.

That kiss said everything that needed to be said between them. How much they loved each other, how much they cared. How much they wanted to be with one another.

After a minute, they both pulled back and tested their foreheads against each other's. Josh had the biggest smile on his face, and Maya leaned her head down to rest on his shoulder as he pulled her into a hug.

"I'm not going anywhere." He told her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry it took me so long-"

"Stop." Josh cut her off. "None of that matters anymore." He stated. He brought her chin up so that her eyes met his. "The only thing that matters is this, right here and right now. All you ever had to do was tell me to stay, Maya. That's all I've been waiting on."

"You really want to do this?" Maya asked him. "I'm a mess, I have a lot of issues and baggage-"

"You're perfect." Josh cut her off again. "Inside and out."

"But what are you going to do about your job?" Maya asked him. Josh shrugged his shoulders, not being able to bring himself to care at the moment.

"They can live without me." He told her. Maya leaned up and kissed him again. Bringing her arms down to wrap around his torso instead of his neck.

"I love you." She told him. Josh grinned and kissed her on the forehead, bringing her closer into him for a hug.

Within that moment, they both knew that they had all they had ever wanted. Maya had been in love with Josh since practically middle school, she dreamed of a life with him from the time she was thirteen years old.

Josh had finally found his fairytale ending that he had wanted since before he could walk.

They both knew, that they had finally gotten their dreams come true.

"I love you, too."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What a cheesy ending, haha. Final words on next page.