Date interuptions

I bring to you another chapter! I just posted a teaser for my new book An Agents Life. Please go check it out and let me know what y'all think! I'll have the first chapter up soon!
________________________
Maya couldn't believe it. There they stood all dressed up arm and arm getting ready to be seated. Maya turned back around in her seat and shut her eyes taking deep breath.

"Are you okay? We don't have to stay we can go somewhere else." Simon said as he glanced at Josh and Adrianna and then back at Maya. Maya opened her eyes and smiled at Simons thoughtfulness.

"Nope. We are going to stay here and eat our food and we are going to have a great time on this date. You're a great guy Simon and I'm not going to let Josh ruin whatever we may have." Maya said making Simon look down and blush.

"You think we may have something?" Simon asked making Maya giggle and nod her head. Maya rubbed Simons hand from across the table while smiling at him.

"Yeah I do." Simon smiled at Maya and nodded his head. He intwined his hand with Maya's as they continued to talk about their lives and what they did as kids.
~
Josh and Adrianna had just gotten seated when Josh happened to look over and see Maya with Simon in the booth across from them. Suddenly all the color drained from his face and his fist tightened just like his heart did when he saw they were holding hands.

"Baby are you okay?" Adrianna asked as she looked over to what Josh was looking at. Her face scrunched up in confusion as she saw Maya with a guy she had never met. "Who's that?" She asked making Josh clench his jaw.

"Nobody. Don't worry about it." Josh said through gritted teeth as he put on a fake smile and looked back over to Adrianna. "Tonight's about you and I." Josh said making Adrianna smile. She picked up her menu and started to read off of it while Josh kept glancing over at Maya and Simon with a bitter look on his face.

As the night went on Adrianna kept on rambling about stupid stuff while Josh nodded his head but kept on thinking about Maya and how she was on a date. Josh kept steeling glances over at Maya every chance he got when he didn't think Adrianna was looking. Every time Maya would shift her head his way Josh would get excited thinking she was going to look over at him but she never did. She hadn't looked in his direction once that entire night and for some reason that made Josh's heart clinch.
~
"He hasn't stopped looking at you this entire night." Simon said as he just stared into Maya's eyes. Maya rolled her eyes as she took another bite out of her food.

"Let him stare. I'm very happy and content with where I'm at and who I'm with." Maya said as she squeezed Simons hand. Suddenly Simon got a nervous look on his face.

"Would you be offended if I kissed you right now?" He asked making Maya's eyes widen in shock. But as she looked into Simons eyes she started to feel like she wanted to kiss him to.

"I'd be offended if you didn't." She admitted making Simon sigh in relief. Simon got up and moved to where he was sitting in the same booth as Maya. He put his arm around her and they both started to lean in. Simons lips had brushed up against Maya's before a loud crash made them jump apart and look behind them.

As they looked behind them they saw a very red faced Josh glancing in their direction as he helped the poor waiter get his dishes together and back on his tray. Also a very annoyed Adrianna. Maya rolled her eyes while Simon just shook his head and turned back to her.

"Well that kind of ruined the mood." Simon said as he blushed and looked down at his hands. Maya smiled as she lifted his chin up so that he could look at her. Maya leaned in and gave him a gentle kiss that lasted about three seconds before pulling back.

"There will be more like that later." Maya said as she leaned back staring right into Simons eyes. Simon smiled as he saw her looking at him and not Josh who was behind his back.

"Yeah. Plenty more." Simon said as he grabbed his food and drink and placed them in front of him so he could eat the rest of his dinner beside Maya.
~
"Look where you place your feet next time." Adrianna told Josh annoyed as they finished helping the server get his dishes back together.

"Sorry." Josh said. He looked over and immediately frowned at the sight he was witnessing. Simon and Maya kissing. Josh felt like his whole chest was going to collapse as he watched her kiss someone else. He watched them pull back and watched Maya look at Simon not even bothering to glance his way. It was that very moment that Josh realized he was still in love with Maya. He was still in love with her and she had moved on.

"Josh!" Adrianna snapped making Josh snap back in reality and turn his head to her.

"Sorry. I just... Sorry." Josh stammered making Adrianna look at him in disgust. Josh didn't know what to say. He was in love with a girl that wasn't his fiancé. It his him like a ton of bricks, everyone was right. Andrew was right, Farkle was right, Riley was right. He loves Maya.

"Joshua Gabriel Matthews! Are you listening to me?" Adrianna said. Josh just nodded his head. He needed to get out of there.

"Check please." He asked the waiter that was walking past him. Adrianna raised her eye brow at him.

"You haven't even touched your food. Are you feeling okay?" She asked him. Josh shook his head.

"No I just need to go lay down." He said as he glanced back to Maya and Simon and felt his heart brake. He did this, he pushed her to this.

"Do you want to stay over? I could nurse you back to health?" Adrianna said smirking which for the first time made Josh feel disgusted.

"Um no... I just need to get some air and be by my self." He said making Adrianna scoff. The waiter brought back the check and Josh paid it trying to avoid looking at Maya as much as possible.

After Josh paid the bill him and Adrianna got up and walked out of the restaurant. Adrianna tired to trap Josh's hand but Josh pulled it back when he remembered it wasn't Maya's. Adrianna scoffed even more and stomped in the car as Josh avoided her grasping hands all the way home.
___________________________
He finally admitted his feelings! I'm so excited for the next few chapters that I'm going to post! Remember I posted a teaser for my next book An Agents Life. I'll have the first chapter up soon.