Making Amends

Hey everyone! Thank you all for reading and commenting. As always, I hope you guys enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The weekend was going by incredibly slow. Maya was enjoying lounging around and doing nothing, except for the fact that she was studying hard for her exams that started that week. Farkle had her on a studying schedule. Back in high school, Maya had never appreciated it. But in college, it was her saving grace.

Riley had been different than usual. Of course, she had been trying her best to keep calm when it came to the pressure of exams, but she had also been in a slump. Maya knew it was because of the absence of a certain Texas cowboy. She had seen Lucas around campus as well, he didnt look any better off.

Zay had told Maya how Lucas had been. He hadn't been sleeping very well and he only came out of his room when it was time to go to class or to get food. Zay said that he wouldn't take showers if it wasn't for the fact that he forced him to.

Farkle and Zay had both tried to talk to Lucas, but he wasn't budging. Maya wasn't getting anywhere with Riley either. She tried to tell Riley that she should at least try to come to some understanding about what happened and at least be friends again. But, Riley had shut her down almost instantly whenever Maya even mentioned Lucas' name.

Maya had put up with a lot in the last three months, but when Riley had started talking about getting a cat and dressing it in old scraps of clothing, that's where she drew the line. She knew she had to take matters into her own hands. She had to do something before Riley drove her crazy, or she killed Riley. Which ever one came first.

So this is the thoughts that had brought her here: Josh's dorm room. Even though it was kind of weird for her to be here, she knew that her best chance was to get Josh to talk to Riley, so she could go and talk to Lucas. Maybe they both would have better luck if they switched it up a little bit. So getting up all her courage, she knocked on the door.

"Well hello." Andrew winked at her as he leaned against the doorframe. Maya rolled her eyes as she looked at Andrew with an amused expression. "We have to stop meeting like this, people may talk." He winked. Maya laughed.

"Get out." Josh stated as he came up from behind Andrew and pushed him out into the hallway. Andrew stumbled beside Maya before looking over at Josh.

"Calm down, Josh. We didnt want you to find out this way but, I guess you had to find out sometime." Andrew teased as he put an arm around Maya's shoulders and stared back at Josh. Maya bit back a grin. Josh glared.

"Out." Josh said as he pushed Andrew off of Maya and down the hallway.

"Alright, alright." He said. "Catch you later Maya." Andrew winked before turning around to walk away. Josh rolled his eyes as he turned around to face Maya.

"I got to get a leash for him." He smiled sheepishly at her. Maya grinned at him. "So what can I do for you?" Josh asked her as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Well, I kind of need a favor." Maya told him. "And it involves your niece." She stated. Josh took a deep breath and nodded.

"I figured. I wondered how long it would take for you to come to me." He said. Maya raised an eyebrow. Josh chuckled. "I just mean that with everything that's going on with her and Lucas, I knew that you guys weren't getting anywhere with them. Riley was showing me pictures of cats in sweaters the other day. But I didnt want to pry until I was invited." He explained.

"How very Matthews of you." Maya said sarcastically.

"Actually, my family would pry anyway. I'm trying to be less nosey than them." Josh admitted. Maya rolled her eyes.