Built up tension

Enjoy! ;)
____________________________
Maya was walking really fast to her dorm room in hopes that she wouldn't run into Josh. It's like ever since Halloween he's been a completely different person. He's been touching Maya every chance he got, sneaking in kisses rather it was just pecks on the cheeks or the lips. Every chance he got he would take advantage of it.

Last night was no different. It was Friday night so there was no school on a Saturday, Riley went to stay with Lucas in his dorm room so Maya had the room all to herself. Except there was a huge thunderstorm going on outside. Maya had never been a huge fan of thunderstorms. After reassuring Riley that she was fine and that she didn't have to come back from Lucas's dorm, she put her earbuds in and tried to drowned out the storm outside. It didn't work very well.

There was a knock on her dorm door causing her to furrow her eyebrows. She shakily got up and walked to the door to see who it was. When she opened it there stood Josh with a folded up wet umbrella in his hands. Maya sighed.

"I'm fine." She told him simply before a loud boom of thunder sounded outside causing Maya to jump and close her eyes.

"Oh yeah, you're fine alright." Josh said rolling his eyes as he walked past her into the room. Maya sighed as she shut the door and rapped her arms around herself. Josh placed the umbrella down on the ground in the corner of the room and turned to face Maya.

"What does Riley usually do to make you calm down?" Josh asked. Maya shook her head.

"Everything that you can't." She snapped causing him to smile and raise his hands up in defense.

"I just came over to make sure that you're okay, but since it's a little risky for me to go back out I think I'll just stay here for the night." He smirked as he plopped down on Maya's bed. Maya narrowed her eyebrows and shook her head.

"You set this up didn't you?" She asked him. Josh scoffed.

"Yeah Maya, I told Mother Nature to let rain fall down so I could come and stay the night with you." He said. Maya rolled her eyes.

"That's not what I meant genus and you know it. I can't believe you!" She said. Josh rolled his eyes.

"And this is the thanks I get for trying to be nice." He said as he sat up on the bed. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, just try not to snore so loud." Maya told him as she threw a pillow at him and started to lay down on Riley's bed.

"What are you doing?" Josh asked her. Maya looked at him confused.

"What do you mean? You're on my bed so I'm sleeping on Riley's." She told him Josh shook his head.

"You should sleep in your own bed." Josh told her. Maya scoffed.

"I would, except you're in it." She told him. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"So?" He asked causing Maya to give him a disgusted look.

"So I'm not sleeping with you." She told him.

"Don't make it dirty Maya." He teased her causing her to raise her middle finger up at him.

"Oh common Maya, I'll behave." He said as he laid back down on her bed. Maya laughed.

"Considering your behavior the last week, I doubt that." She told him. Josh reached over to grab a bottle of water only to knock it down and let it go all over Riley's bed causing Maya to let out a gasp. "Josh!" She exclaimed. Josh threw his hands up.

"Okay, I seriously did not mean to do that." He said as his eyes were wide and he was trying to contain his laughter.

"I'm sure." She said sarcastically. "I'd still rather sleep on the floor." She told him but before she could lay a pillow on the floor Josh was beside her, grabbing her by the waist and laying her down in her bed beside him. "Are you kidding me?!" She asked him as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his chest.

"What? You won't get much sleep on the floor, it's not very comfortable." He told her as he nuzzled his head in her neck.

"This is seriously not okay." Maya told him. Suddenly Josh was above her hovering over her body, he was looking from her eyes down to her lips while biting his.

"So tell me to stop." He told her. "You and I both know if you just say the word then I'll get up." Maya knew that's all she had to do. She was looking straight up into his eyes as he got closer and closer. "Say it Maya. I won't even leave you alone with the storm, I'll just get up and sleep on the floor. I'll be out of here before you wake up in the morning." Josh continued.

"Josh-" Maya said before cutting herself off. Josh smiled as she wasn't pushing him back. In fact, she relaxed even more into the bed as Josh got closer to her.

"Just tell me to stop." He whispered before his lips met hers. Suddenly their hands were all over each other as the storm outside was forgotten. Maya never told him to stop.

Maya smiled but shuttered at the memory of last nigh. And before you ask, no they did not have sex. After a while of making out they both pulled back and agreed that they should stop before things get too intense. They ended up falling asleep together and when Maya woke up the next morning, Josh had left her a note saying he had a Saturday morning class that he had to go to but that he would catch up with her later. Maya had no idea what was going on between them, but whatever it was she was sure that Riley would never let her hear the end of it.

Maya was so close to her dorm when she ran into an angry looking Riley.

"Why was my bed wet this morning?" She asked Maya causing Maya to freeze up.

"I accidentally spilt water on it last nigh." Maya told her. Riley narrowed her eyebrows.

"Then why did your pillow smell like cologne?" She asked. Maya raised her eyebrows.

"You smelt my pillow?" She asked a little weirded out. Riley shook her head.

"Your pillow some how got mixed up with mine so when I laid down on it this morning not only was I wet but I also smelt like cologne. Which was not easy to explain to Lucas." Riley told her.

"How did things go with Lucas last night? Did you two get things worked out?" Maya asked. Riley scoffed.

"Don't try and change the subject, Maya." She told her.

"Hey guys!" Josh called out causing Maya to inwardly grown. "Oh Riley, I just wanted to say sorry about your bed I didn't mean to spill water on it." He said causing Riley's eyes to wide and Maya to hang her head down.

"You spent the night with Josh last night!" Riley practically yelled.

"No."

"Yes."

Josh and Maya both looked at each other as they had responded at the same time.

"Okay, yes we stayed together last nigh but nothing happened!" Maya told her.

"Well..." Josh said trailing off causing Maya to stomp on his foot.

"Nothin happened! He was just concerned about the storm." Maya told her. Riley looked over at Josh who just shrugged.

"Sure." He stated. Riley rolled her eyes and walked off back to her dorm. Maya turned to Josh and shook her head.

"What?" He asked.

"Look, I don't know whatever the heck this is but nobody can know." Maya told him. Josh smirked. So what I'm hearing is you're finally admitting that we're a something?" He asked her. Maya shook her head.

"No! I'm jus saying that until you can get ahold of your urges to touch me."

"Oh so I'm the one that needs to get ahold of myself!" Josh playfully argued with her trying not to laugh.

"Yes you are! I would have never kissed you back if you hadn't kissed me." Maya said as she crossed her arms. Josh nodded his head.

"Quick question, do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds?" He asks her. Maya was about to say something when she realized he was right.

"Shut up!" She said before turning around and walking away.
_______________________________
I hope y'all enjoyed!