Simon Walkers

Just a quick note. If you guys follow me here on watt pad I will follow you back. Also in case you didn't know, I have a another Joshaya story out but there just oneshots! Enjoy! ❤️
----------------------------------------------
"You kicked him out?" Simon asked shocked as he looked at Maya while they were at a table the next day eating a burger on campus.

"He made me mad! You know, who is he to tell me who I can and can't hang out with." Maya complained as she leaned back in her seat and picked at her food.

"I'm telling you Maya he cares about you a lot. He's probably just looking out for you." Simon said as he picked up his burger and took a bite.

"Why are you defending him? I just told you what he said about you." Maya said as she crossed her arms and shook her head at Simon. Simon froze mid bite and slowly put his burger down on his plate as he looked up at Maya. "I mean it's not true, is it?" Maya asked as she saw his facial expression. Simon started at her for a minute before replying.

"When I was a freshman here at NYU, all I wanted to do was fit in. It was a new, state, new school, new people, fresh start. I wanted people to know who I was. So I decided to be stupid and become a complete a-whole to anyone who I came across. that was until my sophomore year last year, when I met a girl I really liked. We started to hang out and she started to change me for the better. We kissed one time and I asked her to go out with me. The next day she called and told me that she wasn't interested anymore because of everyone telling her about the reputation I had. I told her that I wasn't like that anymore and that I really liked her but, she didn't believe me. I don't blame her." Simon said as he had a pained expression on his face.

"Wow. Was Josh one of those people that told her?" Maya asked with sympathy. Simon looked up at her and slightly smirked.

"No. He never had an interest in my reputation until you came into the picture." Simon said as he took another bite out of his burger.

"So after she broke up with you. You decided not to be the person you were." Maya stated trying to get the whole story. Simon nodded his head.

"I figured that if I could prove to her that I wasn't like that she would maybe reconsider in the future. But when she didn't I just decided that it was probably better to just go ahead and get threw my last two years of college without causing anymore attention to my self."

"Except. People don't forget your mistakes." Maya added nodding her head. Simon chuckled and nodded his head.

"People don't want to forget your mistakes. It makes them feel better about themselves when they do something wrong." Simon starred behind Maya watching some of the older kids he knew laughing at them and whispering.

"I'm sorry I brought it up." Maya said as she looked down at her legs. Simon snapped his head back towards her and smiled.

"You didn't know. Besides, it shows that you don't listen to the rumors that everyone else says about someone. You would rather hear it from the person yourself. I admire that." Simon said as he picked up his coke and raised it up at her in a toast kind of way before drinking it. Maya smiled at him as she also took a sip of her drink. "So what about you, huh? What's your story? You know besides the whole daddy issues thing." Simon said as he crossed his arms and sat back in his chair. Maya slightly smiled at him.

"I'm from New York. My friends and I all decided to go to the same college and NYU had all the classes we all wanted. So we chose here." Maya stated in a short story as see noticed it was almost time for her to leave.

"Must be nice. Not having to worry about making new friends. Your lucky." Simon smiled. Maya blushed and got up from her chair.

"Thanks for lunch. I should get going." Maya said as she picked up her bag and threw it on her shoulder. Simon got up and went around the table to pull her into a hug.

"Thanks." Simon said as he hugged her just a little bit tighter. Maya looked up at him confused.

"For what? I'm the one that should be saying thank you." Maya said. Simon broke away from her and smiled.

"For giving me a chance. Nobody has ever done that after they learned about my history."

"Oh well it's not like we all haven't done things we wished we hadn't." Maya said jokingly as Simon smiled even bigger.

"Josh truly is an idiot." Simon said as he starred deep into Maya's eyes. Maya smiled and gripped her bag a little tighter.

"I should go. See you." Simon waved goodbye at her as he threw away their trash and headed into the other direction. Maya smiled and turned around only to come face to face with Josh.

"Enjoy your date." He dads bitterly. Maya rolled her eyes and shrugged past him.

"Screw off." She said as she kept moving away from him. Because Josh had long legs he fell in step right beside her.

"Maya we need to talk." Josh said as Maya refused to look at him and kept moving.

"I thought I told you to stay out of my life." Maya said as she rounded a corner.

"Maya please." Josh said as he quickly moved in front of her to stop her from walking.

"Fine! Why is is it such a big deal that I hang out with Simon. He is not a bad guy. He told me about his past and you know what, I don't care because it's his past and you shouldn't either." Maya snapped at Josh as she tried to get around him again but he wouldn't let her.

"It's a big deal because I don't want you with him." Josh said as he grabbed her by the shoulders and glared at her. Maya scoffed.

"Why Josh? Scared that I might actually move on? You know I don't understand you. You don't want to be with me but You also don't want other people to be with me. That's not fair Josh, not at all!" Maya yelled as she finally got past Josh ignoring his pleads for her to stop.

"Maya wait!" Josh yelled after her but she just kept going. Josh banged his hand against a table that was right beside him and silently cursed in his head. He didn't know what to do now.
----------------------------------------------
If you didn't read the message above go back and read it. Also I think I'm going to start doing updates on both of my story's only on Tuesdays and Thursday's. Let me know what you think! ❤️