Move?

"Why don't you stay with me?" Beth looks like she couldn't give a care in the world.

She looks so free inside, I wish I could feel that way again. I haven't ever, since the day my father decided to drink.

I question if it's a good idea. I mean she doesn't seem like the others.

She appears to be different.

She has been trying to comfort me for the past ten agonizing minutes of my life, trying to decide where I will go.

She seems smart, the way she talks it just yells out to me, and most of all she seems to be helpful understanding and respectful.

"I don't want to impose..." I scratch my my arm in a nervous habit. I avoid her eye contact which seems to want to burn through me.

I mess with my bag of clothes zipping the last item in.

"No, your welcome to stay with me, actually it would be nice to have another girl around the house other than Layla, and my sister." she smiles.

I give her a confused look.

"Who's Layla?"

"Layla is Blake's fifteen year old sister the youngest of the house hold, and I think you've met my sister." she laughs.

I nod.

"I don't know." My heart seems to not want to race, but the feeling is indescribable, low rate, but nervous.

She claps her hands together obnoxiously. "And plus I see how hard it is for you to get up stairs, I live on the first floor." she smiles reassuringly.

Damn she smiles a lot.

Don't you get wrinkles from smiling to much?

I can't help, but feel the need to be nice to her. She doesn't seem threatening at all. I let a small smile grow.

She's a little over baring, but she gives me my space without questioning me, and it's relaxing.

In ten minutes I already like her, but that one thing is still nagging at me, and screaming for me to run.

I can't say yes, she too knows that someone was murdered. She was standing right inside the house, and even when I was screaming saying they where murderers, she didn't even flinch not a muscle matter of fact none of them seemed fazed.

Plus they are moving out.

Get of hold of your self Alex, you might as well move with her she's nicer and better, not like the asshole across from me.

My thoughts where ticking.

"As much as I like you I-I can't be near someone that's a by standard to murder." my voice becomes strained, and my emotion fades as does her face.

Her smile dissapears, and her face get deadly serious.

"There are things you dont know, and shouldn't know. Our jobs are different. We are not good people, but we are not bad people. It's complicated." she empathizes the word 'bad'.

Her face still impassive, and business like, but she slowly let's it soften.

She didn't say they weren't murderers. My thoughts make me travel into a unknown world that I want out of so baldy, but can't seem to find the light.

Who are these people?

"You didn't say you weren't murders." I question with a frown slipping onto my face.

"I don't lie." she gives me a weak smile, and I know she's given me to much information.

She can see the frustration that is growing in my never ending mind.

"There is a difference between lying and not telling Alex." her voice becomes softer.

I give her a shy smile, and slightly change the subject.

"But you are also moving out soon, with your family?" I stand up wobbly, and walk towards the edge of the bed and sit like she is.

"Ya, well we can see about that." she smiles and leaps of the bed grabbing my bag.

"So it's a yes?" I nod, and she squeals totally change of directions.

"I haven't had a roommate in... well I've never had a roommate." she squeals again.

She walks over to the door with my red velvet suit case, and glared at the door.

"Wow he broke down the door." She's astonished.

------

"The bathroom is right there," she points to a closed door. "and you can set you stuff in the spare closet. Oh! and you don't mind sharing beds do you?"

I stair blankly at the bed thinking about the night I spent with Blake.

Hmm, to have his arms wrapped around me.

I can't help to think how his pink lips would feel on mine.

No! stop it!

He's a bad man. He doesn't care about anyone other than himself.

But what about that day with him and the gun, he said you saved him Alex...

My inner self is complaining, and winning with me.

"Earth to Alex!" Beth shouts making me jump a little.

"No. no I don't mind sharing a bed. As long as your not a... you know." I let my words trail.

She let's a loud splitting laugh and I can't help, but let my self laugh too.

"No I'm into dicks... don't worry. You?" I flush at her answer, and her question, because the first thought I get is Blake.

"I'm straight." I say flatly.

The room is a coffee color. There is a king size bed laying against the wall perfectly made to the right of the room, with red sheet draped upon it, and there is a night stand to the left of it. The bathroom is right directly in from of it, but about ten feet away alongside before you enter a wide entrance to what I guess is the closet.

"Wow big room." I mutter.

---------

"Why don't you come out and eat with everyone today?" Beth is pushing me to go and eat with everyone, but I just don't feel up to seeing all their faces specially Blake's.

Beth told me he wasn't to happy that I moved rooms, but what I told her to tell him was 'screw you'. She told me he wouldn't like that eather.

"Come on! it's been two days. You haven't stepped a foot outside the doors, I don't want to bring your food to you tonight." she pleads with me.

I set my book down into my lap and look at her leaning against the door.

She has her hair pulled back into a tight bun, and she has black skinny jeans and a black tight shirt on, giving her a tight snug for her boobs.

The room is well lit and I can see her face, she pouting.

"Plus" she chimes in. "we are leaving tomorrow and your going back to work too."

"If I say okay will you stop talking?" she nods.

I put my book on the night stand and lift my body off of the oh so soft bed.

I walk to the door tying my sweat pants and throwing a sweat shirt over my head carful of my stitches that I'm getting out tomorrow before work.

I'm so happy I get them out finally.

I had to call the doctor to tell them that I had hit my head a couple of times, and he told me to keep it cleaned, and try to stop hitting my head because for one it wouldn't heal right and two the more I hit it the longer I have to wait to get them out.

I laughed and told my doctor I would try.

Walking into the dinning room is the most uncomfortable things I've ever done.

Everyone stops talking to face me, and I lower my head trying to make no eye contact as they do.

"Here." Beth whispers in my ear and grabs my elbow and leads me to a seat aside Blake.

I keep my eyes down at my plate filled with food. I haven't really eaten in a few days. I couldn't seem to keep the food down, but now that I smell it and see it I'm starving.

My belly grumbles and I
suppress a giggle I have no idea why it's funny.

I look up bitting my lip trying not to laugh any further, but when I do Blake is looking at me.

He looks worried and almost saddened.

My giggle goes away I have no urge to laugh anymore.

"Sorry" I mutter looking back down.

I can feel my heart sink, and slightly happy mood disappear.

"Blake we will be gone by two tomorrow." Micah speaks up.

Blake doesn't answer but I think he nods in response.

He doesn't seem in a bad mood maybe it's a good time to tell him I'm going back to work and I will need a ride, or my car.

"Um, Blake." I look up and the small talk that's started had once again faded. "I'm going back to work tomorrow. I need a ride." I fidget with my fingers under that table.

"No." his voice is flat.

My eyes go wide and my throat goes dry.

"No!" I repeat.

Everyone looks at me as if I am challenging the lion.

"Your not safe." he states.

"Not safe! I've been hear for more that a week, and nothing's happened. I'm literally going out of mind here, if you don't let me go I will kill my self."

He takes in a sharp breath.

"Fine." he seethe pissed that I pulled the 'kill my self card'.

I smile happy that I won.

"I will take you." he calms himself.

My smile fades a tad, but he can't kill my mood. "oh and before you take me to work I need you to quickly drop me off at the hospital so I can get these stitches out."

I point to my very annoying stitches.

"I can do it."

"Ya right. Blake no." he keeps his eyes on me. "no." I say again feeling that my words are not confident.

------

We finish eating and as uncomfortable as it is was I relaxed. No one was bothering to talk to me so I was okay.

I finished my plate was heading towards the kitchen to put my dishes up.

"Alex." Blake grabs my hand and I tense.

"I can do your stitches now, if you want." I nod and he pulls me

"I can't believe I'm doing this."

"I can't believe you are letting me." he put the surgical scissors on my head, and in between my stitch and snips it.

"Ah" my heart is racing with fear.

"Hush." He snips the next one. "I don't want to hurt you."

I push my lips into a hard grim line.

I close my eyes as he pulls the stitches out. The sharp quick sting.

"You have a high tolerance for pain." He snips the last of the stitches, and grabs a cleansing napkin.

He daps my forehead cleaning it very gingerly.

I open my eyes and he's looking right at me.

He cups my head into his hands.

My heart flutters and a feeling at the bottom of my stomach screams at me.

"So beautiful." he whispers.

I blush crimson. He face moves towards my lips. My breathing becomes winded.

I feel his soft lips slightly touch mine.

"What do you think----" a male voice come interrupting us.

Blake moves away from me faster than light, and his face shows no emotion.

He closes the First Aid Kit.

"I think you will live Ms. Hart." I flush once again and keep my eyes down.

Disappointment rushes through me.

I feel his presence leave.

"Wow what was that?" The man speaks up. "it looks like he was about to kiss you."

I keep my eyes down and slide off the garnet counter, and start to walk out. When I'm out of their sight he speaks again.

"Wow! my brother moves fast." the group chuckles and one of them comments. "I don't think he's moved on any girl in years." I keep moving towards my room in shock.

'Hasn't made a move in years?' what does he mean? I mean even if he's a asshole he's still can get any girl he wants.

But he wants you! He was going to kiss you!

My heart sinks, when the thought of Blake trying to kill himself come to mind. He said I saved him. Why?

I have feelings for this man, an I have no idea if he will ever have feelings for me.

I don't have any experience with men.

I walk down the hall way trying to figure out where Blake is, but every time I think about him my heart flutters and my cheeks heat up.

My inner goddess screams, but why would he want me?

Maybe he takes pity on me. I hate feeling like the small person because I'm not. If he wants to take pity on me well I'll show him, I'll make him pissed in any way just to show him I'm not weak.

I get to Beth's and I's room and Beth is sitting on the floor packing.

"I wish you didn't have to go." I let my evil thoughts go knowing that I will never have the nerve to confront him.

Beth smiles and scrunches her face. "Why are you so flushed."

I shrug.

------

I hug Beth really hard. "You know it really hard letting my first friend go." I sob.

She hugs he even tighter crying too.

"I haven't had a friend in for ever too." she sniffs in my hair.

Even though I've only know Beth for a short three days I never thought we would be this close.

"You'll call right?" she questions.

"Of course!!!" I scream laughing and crying all in one. She really has rubbed off on me.

She pulls us apart. "If you need someone to talk to I'm here." she smiles reassuringly. I told her what happened yesterday night and she about died.

"Thanks." I wipe away my tears.

She gives me one more sad smile and jumps into the SUV holding all her brothers and sister.

They pull away out of the long drive way and I feel this pang of emptiness. She was my only friend, and now she's moved all the way into the city.

I walk back into the inside the front door an bump into Jake.

"Sorr--sorry Jake." I sob really letting in that my first friend is gone.

He takes notice that I'm crying and pulls me into a hug. "Even though your like some spy or some shit, and kill people for a living, I just want you to know your my fav man." I cry like a idiot.

"Well... thanks." He mutters, and I laugh cry.

I let him hold me for a couple of seconds before I push away from him. "thank you." I sniff and straighten out my skirt and shirt.

"Anytime." he gives me a weak smile.

"You ready Hart?" Blake walks towards me looking between me and Jake taking notice of my red eyes. Jake stiffens under Blake's gaze.

"Yes." I smile and Jake leaves uncomfortably.

We walk along the side walk where only days ago I witnessed a murder. Our feet crunch the rocks as we walk to the car.

We turn the corner and I see the type of car he own well one of them.

"Eight cars!" I squeak.

"Which one do you want to take?" he seems to not care really.

Looking around at all the Audis and find one red Dodge.

"Dodge." I smile knowing that I have my car back home.

He grabs the keys off the wall and walk towards it unlocking it.

"Are you getting in?" he snaps.

Wow change of mood.

I nod walking towards the car.

------

"Wow I love this car, it's in much better shape then mine." I finally brake the silence.

"I want you to move back upstairs." Wait what? change of subject.

He looks dead serious. "Why?" My voice is below a whisper.

I've never had so many different feelings in one day so early in fact.

"Because I sleep better knowing your there. Safe." My heart stops.

"R-really." I choke.

"Yes. I really don't do the sappy stuff, I just need you by my side." he's tapping the steering wheel.

I don't answer and he runs his hand through his hair.

"Answer me." He whispers.

"Okay." he releases a breath of air relaxing.

"Why do you take interest in me?" I look out the window knowing he's looking at me.

"I don't know that's what I'm trying to figure out." he pulls the car over and pulls up into the parking lot to the Law Ferm.

He lays a hand onto my thigh and I flinch.

"I'm sorry on how I've been acting. I don't really know what I'm feeling. Well I actually haven't felt in years so I--" I lay my hand onto his feeling his fingers and he stops and removes his hands.

"I've done things Alex, you don't want to kiss me."

I'm longing for his touch.

I open the door and get out of the car, but before I close the door I snap. "You have to let someone in one day." Slamming the door I walk into the office.

Hey everyone!!!! I'm sooooo late on my update! school got in the way, I'm normally not this late... there will be a chapter this weekend.

This chapter was more of a filler, but I hope you liked it. Also if you have any ideas you want to suggest please I'm all open.