Piper's promise

Piper and Jason were sitting on a roof one night and talking. "Do you ever find it hard?Being friends with Percy and Rena and all?"she asked.

"No,not really"

Piper closed her eyes as if wondering how to frame her next question. "Do you ever compare yourself to them?"

Jason laughed, "Pipes why would I do that?"then his smile vanished. "Wait do you do that?"Piper shrugged,neither denying or agreeing with the statement. "Pipes,answer me,"Jason said softly.She shook her head, "It's nothing,I'm probably just going to sound stupid." "It won't be,"Jason assured her.

"It's just that I-I can't help it sometimes.Annabeth is so smart,Hazel is so kind and Rachel can speak her mind.And I'm just there,hanging around."Jason turned towards her and cupped her face in his palms.He looked into her ever changing eyes and aid, "Don't you EVER think that.You are all that and so much more.Pipes no one is perfect,but you're as close to perfect anyone can get."He silently kissed the tears that slid down her face and hugged her tightly.

"Promise me,"Jason said,his voice cracking. "Promise me you won't ever think like this again."Piper slid into his open arms and rested her chin on his shoulder.He wrapped his strong arms around her lithe body and held her tightly. "I promise,"she said quietly.Too quiet for anyone else to hear her,but Jason heard.He always heard her.

******

Piper looked up to the sky and her glistening eyes matched the shining stars.It had been a year from that day and Piper had stuck to her promise.She swung her legs from the terrace absentmindedly.There had been so many moments,when she almost doubted herself again.But she stopped herself,because he wouldn't like it.Even though he was gone,she knew he was there with her.He would always her her,no matter how quietly she whispered.He knew her better than she knew herself.

(A/N)

Can you guys believe after 15 years the riordanverse is finally over?!I surely can't.I don't think I'm ready for it.

-D xx