time and pain

note: AYO 🔇I 🔇NEED🔇 TO 🔇SHUT 🔇THE FUCK 🔇UP 🔇

yeah this was a very quickly, poorly done comfort fic because i am struggling v bad rn.

warnings: this fic deals with anorexia/eating disorders so don't read if this triggers you.

• • •

"are you eating?"

you shifted under the blonde's gaze immediately, tensing up as her words finished. it was a simple question, but it was one you'd rather avoid answering.

"yes, of course. why would you think im not?"

delia's gaze fell to your body. you looked sick, much less of the person you used to be.

"you're never around for any meals, and if you are, you're never hungry enough to finish one."

you shrugged your shoulders.

cordelia took your face in the palm of her hand, forcing you to look back in her eyes. her thumb brushed your cheek, "i'm worried about you."

"don't be."

"it's hard not to be when you're just skin and bone, sweetheart."

you hummed, eyes shooting anywhere but the woman in front of you. she had every reason to be worried. you flinched at the slightest bit of her touch, your hair was thinning, and the bruises on your body were becoming uncountable. all the signs were coming together and cordelia didn't know exactly how to help you.

a shiver ran through your body despite wearing five layers of clothes to keep you warm.

cordelia wasn't the only one to notice though. zoe confided in the supreme just days before she caught you nearly fainting down the stairs. it was wasn't until she moved to pick you up when she noticed how much weight you'd lost.

"why don't you have lunch with me? just the two of us," delia chirped hoping to ease your mind.

your hands balled into fists around your sweater and you retreated from her touch. a wave of anxiety quickly made its way in your chest.

"maybe later. i'm not really hungry right now."

cordelia frowned.

"darling, i can't remember the last time you actually sat down and had a meal with me."

by now your anxiety skyrocketing. she'd never pressed this much before and it was beginning to make you feel sick. your nails were digging tightly against the fabric, a telltale sign you were scared.

"it won't hurt you, i promise." she cooed while leaning down to help you up. "nothing bad will come from one meal."

cordelia slowly led you to the dining room. two plates, one fully loaded with food and the other with half as much, were placed right next to each other.

she'd planned this. she already knew what was going on, which meant there was no point in hiding it now.

as soon as the two of you reached the doorway you broke down. your hands gripped onto the older woman, begging her not to make you eat.

none of the other witches were around to see you like this, cordelia made absolutely sure of that.

getting you to sit down next to her was tougher than she thought it would be, but given your state of being cordelia made no room for adjustments.

she stuck by your side throughout the entire meal, even going as far to hold you close when you were finished.

and it hurt. a lot.

the thoughts were loud and your body wanted so badly to reject the nourishment, but cordelia wouldn't allow that to happen. she kept her arm tightly around you as you cried.

"i hate you so much. i hate you more than anything." you snarled, salty tears flowing over your lips.

"that's okay. you know i have enough love for the both of us."