if you want me, im here.

cordelia

tw: anxiety.
prompt: "it's getting crowded. here, hold my hand."

-

you hadn't been with cordelia long, but she somehow managed to figure most of you out within the first few days of knowing her - a trick that was both a blessing and a curse.

her gift of kindness came with much appreciation though, by the end of the first week she'd already discovered you weren't too keen on the idea of crowded areas. a couple months later and she was a master at helping you relax when it was all too much.

you'd been doing better recently, but then you had a drawback. cordelia gave a breakaway and let the other members of the coven disburse. you'd be on your own for the most part, something everyone else enjoyed. except you weren't like madison, or zoe, or nan, you didn't have anything to do or anyone to see. instead, you stayed in your room writing down all the things you'd felt.

it'd been a day or two before cordelia stopped by. there was a soft smile covering her face as she stood in your doorway.

"i thought we'd go out into town for a bit, if that's alright with you?" you looked up at her and noticed how doe eyed she'd gotten. you couldn't help but say yes.

the blonde grabbed your hand and switfly guided you outside. she first took you to a book store down the road, saying she wanted a few new reads. after that, cordelia took you to the park, and then finally, she brought you to a little cafe on the corner of a busy street.
your nerves arose and you felt yourself panic. the gut wrenching feeling of being trapped began bubbling in your system, and your techniques to remain calm were failing you.
fortunately, when the two of you walked in the small place it was near empty. you were able to order and sit calmly at a table in the back with cordelia directly across from you.

"i've never been here," she said while looking at knick knacks that littered the walls. "it's nice," you responded. you were a bit awkward because of your surroundings, and she picked up on that. after awhile the witch began to notice how every time the door opened, your eyes shot to it, examining whoever entered.
before you realized it, you were unconsciously beginning to crack your knuckles - something cordelia frowned upon. your chest began rising and you were looking everywhere except at the woman in front of you.

"Y/N?" cordelia snapped her fingers in your face to catch your attention. when that didn't work, she got up from the table and went to grab your hand. confused, you looked up at her.
"it's getting crowded. here, hold my hand." she took you and swiftly guided you out of the building. by then you were visibly shaking and she tightened her grip, reassuring you that she was there.

"it's alright, sweetheart. i'm right here."

"i'm sorry," you mumbled. she shook her head, tucking a stray piece of hair behind your ear. "there's nothing to be sorry for."

when cordelia brought you back the the school she sat you on the couch, kneeling down so that she was eye level to you.

"delia?"

"yes?"

"i'm so tired." a whine escaped your lips as she giggled. there was worry behind her laugh, but you were too exhausted to notice.

"take a nap, i'll be right here. and pretty soon we'll be back to normal. as for now, close your eyes. i don't want you to use anymore of your energy, okay?"

you nodded and before you fell completely asleep, you felt her soft lips kiss the side of your face and on the top of your head.

"rest well, Y/N."