It's a Long Shot

The bell rings and we're all off to enjoy our weekend. I'm at my locker getting a few things. I'm so excited for whatever James has planned.

"Lea... Hill." Someone says.

I quickly shut my locker door. Why is she talking to me? I twirl around and walk towards the door, ignoring her presence. She doesn't get the hint so she starts to walk along with me.

"Christian misses you." She says. "He wants to see you."

"Leave me alone, Brittany." I take a deep breath.

I push the doors open to breathe some fresh air. It's a little farther from the front of the school. I hope my brothers don't yell at me for it. It was the closest door near us that leads outside. As my heart beats with anger, I try to walk faster. I don't want to argue with her. What I have planned for her doesn't start yet.

"Listen to me." She grabs my arm and forces it to her chest. "If you open your mouth about what happened, I will end you."

"Let go of me." I force my arm away from her grip.

"Do you understand me?" She grabs my face. "I want you away from James. I want your mouth shut."

I quickly push her away from me and punch her right in the nose. That causes her to stumble so I grab her hair and pull her to the ground, low enough so I can jump on top of her. I feel her hitting back. I know I'll have some bruises, I don't care anymore.

"You bitch!" I scream in her face. "How dare you!"

I wrap my hands around her hair and attempt to smash her head onto the floor as much as I can. All the rage I've kept inside pours onto this very moment. All the comments, all the damage, all the laughs and mocking.

Suddenly, I feel her wrap her arms tightly around my throat and push me backwards. It gives her the advantage to sit up and pin me to the ground. The more she tightened the grip, the harder it was to breathe. I try to scratch her hands and face but it doesn't faze her.

"Remember these words, Lea." She whispers in my ear. "I will kill you. Keep your mouth shut."

Grab a rock, stick... anything.

I hear dads words ring in my ear the same way it did when Christian was on top of me. That time was soil, now it's a rock. I tightly grab it and connect it to her cheek. She screams and holds her cheek in pain. In nervousness, I push her off of me and run. I can feel the tears streaming down my face as the fear settles in again.

"Lea! Lea, what happened!" I hear Alex.

"Alex!" I scream.

Thankfully, I fall into his arms.

"What did you do to her?!" I hear Jason scream.

She must've followed me. She probably wanted to continue.

"She attacked me! I was just apologizing to her." I hear her say.

Apologize?!!

She's right behind me now. I break away from Alex to look at her. Her eyes says it all. I can just tell she's fighting back a smirk. I scream and charge after her but Alex pulls me back.

"Liar!" I scream.

"Look! She's crazy!" She holds her cheek, dripping with blood. "Oh my God, ow."

I try to fight against Alex but it's no use.

"Get her in the car." Jason orders.

Alex picks me up like nothing and throws me in the car. He quickly shuts the door. I try to get out but it won't budge. Child's lock.... great. I hit the glass a couple times before I realize there's no use. I cover my face in frustration. As all my adrenaline starts to settle, I can feel the pain rush to my throat.