A Sister?

"What the hell are you doing with my sister?!"

We both quickly stand up in fear. My eyes grow wide when I realize who it is. Dylan. What the hell is he doing out here? God, he really does have an eye on me all the time. James's fists ball up again. This is really not the time to get into another argument. This better not turn into a fist fight.

"Dylan, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Im asking the questions right now. Who is this?" Dylan stands in front of me.

"I'm James. Look, it's not what you think. We're just friends." James explains.

I turn my head to James. He's keeping cool right now. I can't tell if it's because I'm here or if it's because Dylan is my brother. What ever the case is, I'm glad he's not snapping.

"Friends? You two seem like more than just friends." Dylan raises an eyebrow.

I can't explain to him what happened because then he'd go back into the cafeteria and fight Cristian. What else could I say? I start to play with the end of my shirt, nervously. My brothers hate when I even talk to guys. Dylan will surly tell my brothers what he saw. Or what he mistakenly saw. He better give me a chance to explain.

A security guard walks towards us. How long have we been out here?

"You." He points at James. "You're coming with me."

James goes over to his bag and picks it up. Some staff probably called the guard and told him what happened. It's too late now to do anything about the problem. I can't believe it took them so long to try and solve a problem. This school is very weird.

I don't have any other words. I hope James doesn't do anything stupid. I take a deep breath. Now I have to deal with Dylan. I curl my hair behind my ear and begin to speak.

"Something happened in the cafeteria. James just defended me."

"How did you meet this guy? What happened at lunch? Why were you holding his hand?" Dylan interrogates.

"It's too much to explain." I say. "I'm already late for class."

"You better start talking then." He says.
~~~~~~~~~
I'm in music right now. I honestly hope Dylan believes me. I was excused for being late. Turns out, everyone in the school knows what happened. I even got a few texts from Jason and Alex. They want to know what's up with the rumors. I promised I'd tell them later because I was in detention and I can't have my phone out. It was a semi lie.

Anyway, I have no idea what happened to James. I managed to tell Dylan half of what happened before another security guard came and took me to class. I've never been so embarrassed in my entire life. I can't believe Brittany did that to me. Now, we have a problem. It was petty. It was uncalled for.

"Lea, you've got detention to attend." Miss. Marten reminds me.

Time flies by when you overthink. I grab my things and walk up to her. As she writes me a pass, I can feel everyone's eyes staring at me. I wonder what they're saying. So much for my reputation, huh? Miss. Marten finally hands me my slip. I read the slip and see the room number I have to go to. I wonder if James will be there. As I'm on my way, I start to get a call from someone. I look at the caller ID. Shit. It's mom. I can't avoid her. I live with the woman! It's better now than later. I quickly answer.

"Hey——"

"Would you care to explain to me why your principal tells me someone assaulted you? A when were you going to tell me you had detention?" She screams.

"Mom——"

I stop in my tracks. She can't possibly be this mad. I hope she's not at work while screaming at me. That's very embarrassing...