[Chapter 13] Cafe...Date???

A Day Later...

Bzzt Bzzt
Bzzt Bzzt

I grabbed my phone off of my dresser to check the notification I received.

[Unknown Number]
Hey Izuku. It's Shinso. I wanted to see if maybe you'd like to hang out sometime soon

How did Shinso get my number? I shook off my question and responded as to not be rude.

Sure. I'm free right now actually. I know a really good cafe down the street. I could send you the location and we could meet up.

I hit send before I had time to doubt myself. Regret immediately surged through my veins. You sound so desperate you dumbass! Why didn't you suggest a different day???

Shinso <3 is typing...

Oh no, you've fucked it. He hates you now. Good job, fucktard.

Shinso <3
Actually, I am free right now. Send me the location and we'll meet in thirty?

Oh my Satan you didn't fuck it.

You have shared a location with the group

Sounds good to me. Seeya there!

Oh you just HAD to add an exclamation point.

Shinso <3
Bye. I'll talk to you in a
bit

I set my phone on my bed and smiled to myself. Yesterday I was lost. I was mad. I was...scared. But I'm done being afraid. I'll have a good time with Shinso and...and I'll ask him out. Yeah, I'll ask him out. A new wave of excitement surged through me.

I picked up my phone and tossed it into my pocket before grabbing a comfy jacket from my closet. You can never go wrong with leather. While preparing myself to open my door and close the short distance to the cafe, I triple-checked to make sure I didn't look like complete shit.

Stepping into the warm, humid air, two thoughts came to mind.

1. I'll stop trying to be emotionless and finally accept who I am so I can be happy

and 

2. Why the FUCK did I pick a leather jacket it is as hot as Shinso naked

Nevermind, make that three thoughts.

3. Why the fuck am I imagining Shinso naked

~~~

Take a deep breathe, relax, you'll be fine. In front of me stood the small cat cafe that has held so many of my memories. I pushed the door open and breathed in the refreshing scent of cinnamon roles and freshly brewed coffee.

As early in the morning as it was, the cafe was mostly empty; a surprising fact considering people usually grab coffee to start their day. A cute, young couple was cuddling in the corner, laughing together and looking at the other like they were the best creature on Earth.

My heart longed for that feeling. To finally have someone to call mine and to share all of my interest with...my life with.

My stargazing was cut short when I heard a familiar voice ring out. 

"Zuku! It's been foreverrrrr," she exclaimed, dramatically dragging out the "r." I feigned surprise when Oka ran out from behind the counter and hugged me tightly. Her short form causing her arms to reach just below my chest. I allowed her this moment of affection before gently shoving her off. It wasn't unusual that Oka wouldn't see me for extended periods of time, her reaction generally being the same.