[Chapter 4] Unexpected Meeting

I ran for what felt like hours. By the time I reached an abandoned warehouse my feet were killing me and the sun had started to set. I sighed irritably, I'm lost. After my encounter with Nezu and Eraserhead, the last thing I wanted to do was go home. Just to be reminded that I'm a failure by a heartbroken and agitated Inko Midoriya.

Deciding to find my way home tomorrow, I entered the warehouse. I could stay the night here and ask someone for directions the next day. After quickly checking the warehouse for any signs of life, I settled down on a rafter near the top of the building.

This week has really drained me. Assuring myself that no one would come lurking around here, I pulled off my hood and mask. Finally, after a week of concealing them, I allowed my tail, wings, and horns to become visible. It took energy to keep them repressed and every week or so I needed a few hours to regain that energy. Although, gradually, the amount of time I could keep them hidden has increased.

~QUIRK ANALYSIS~

1st Quirk - Demon
Possessors of this quirk are far and few between, while technically, this isn't a quirk. Many people pushed this phenomenon off as being the result of a quirk when in fact, the possessor of this 'quirk' is actually a real demon. Said demon has wings, a tail, and two horns, the color of these determined by the father or mother demon. Izuku's tail, wings, and horns are black. In the demon world, these black features resemble instability, hostility, and power. Demons also possess flames that match their features, along with certain abilities. (Not gonna spoil Izuku's abilities ~u~)

2nd Quirk - Disintegration
If the possessor of this quirk touches something with three of his/her fingers, it will disintegrate. The user can control the rate at which the disintegration will occur, along with when it stops, and where it will spread. Prolonged contact is not necessary for this quirk to work. All that is needed is contact with three of the possessor's fingers and they can control the disintegration, even with no further contact.
Izuku wears black gloves at all times that cover all of his fingers except for his thumbs. He has small control over his quirk due to practice but still needs more practice to get a proper grasp over it.

~BACK TO THE STORY~

Finally, I started to succumb to my tiredness and drifted off to sleep. My results from U.A would come in tomorrow, and I knew I would get in... unless they decided not to accept a quirkless person.

~~~

I awoke to a loud clatter and a string of curses. Jolting upright at the sudden commotion I forced my wings, horns, and tail to recede. Glancing warily below me I noticed a familiar vigilante.

The Hero Killer: Stain.

He didn't seem to notice my presence as I jumped down from my rafter, landing quietly behind him. His arm was bleeding heavily and the loud clatter must have been from him knocking over a box with metal pieces in it on his fall to the ground.

"Stain," I greeted monotonously.

He visibly jumped, no doubt caught off guard by the fact that he wasn't alone. As he was about to attack me, his gaze softened slightly, his muscles relaxing in the process.

"Black Rabbit. What brings you to Hosu?"

I managed to run all the way to Hosu? Holy shit, I'm a solid hour and a half away from Musutafu.

"Well, I didn't intend to end up here. I was just running aimlessly after an umm... encounter with someone," I replied casually, "need some help?" I gestured to the large gash on his arm that was still bleeding profusely.

"Nah, I'll be fine." He quickly got up and rummaged around in a box before pulling out some gauze and wrapping his arm up.

I can't say I'm surprised to see Stain here. Hosu is basically his district, while he occasionally moves to avoid suspicion, this is his hometown. We've met before in Musutafu and shared some conversations. I respect what he does, only taking out corrupt heroes. He truly does make the world better. And despite everyone's judgment of him, he's a vigilante, not a villain.

"Did I accidentally stumble across your base?"

"That you did, but I don't mind much."

"Besides, what or, who to be exact, happened to your arm?"

"Ryukyu happened. That woman is feisty, especially when she's a giant pink dragon with oversized claws."

"Ouch."

"Ouch, indeed young one. But it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. Anyway, it's been a while since I've seen you, how you holding up?" He asked, curiosity present in his eyes.

"Well, I tried for the General Education class in U.A. Pretty sure I'll get in but I put myself off as quirkless. If anyone knew of my quirks I'd be considered a villain," I replied nonchalantly.

"No doubt you'll get in kid, also if you're tired, feel free to stop hiding your features," Stain added coolly.

I muttered a "thank you" and let my features show. I flexed my stiff wings and swished my tail tiredly.

"So, welcome to casa de Stain. You can stay however long you want. I'll be over here if you need me." He pointed to the corner of the building.

"Okay, however, I need to get back to Musutafu so I'll be leaving. See you later Stain."

I heard him muster a "bye" before I left the building. It was early morning so very few people were on the streets. Deciding it would be more time-efficient and relaxing to fly there, I did. I stretched my wings and took off into the air. After about ten minutes I arrived at Musutafu.

I set down right outside of the city limits and hid my features once more. Carefully, I scaled a building and traveled across rooftops, eventually reaching my home. After crawling in through the window I changed out of my vigilante outfit and took a shower.

I came back into my room to notice a letter was on my desk. No doubt my mom had put it there while I was in the shower seeing as it wasn't there when I arrived. I hastily got dressed and sat down at my desk. Carefully, I opened the letter and another hologram shot out. This time it was Snipe.

"Hello, student. I would like to tell you that you got into U.A's General Education course. Congrats, please pick up your uniform from the school tomorrow, the first day is Wednesday."

The hologram then disappeared and I closed the letter and threw it in the trash. So tomorrow I have to pick up my uniform, and school starts the day after. Even though school was going to be way too easy for me I silently thanked the heavens. This just gives me more reason to be out of the house and, on the more sad side, socialize.

Maybe if I angrily glare at everyone no one will want to talk to me. Yeah, I'll do that. I got up from my chair and lay on my bed. My stomach growled at me but I ignored it. I'll hold off eating for later today, mom has to go to work tonight so I can avoid her.

As I lay on my bed I tried to figure out my plan for the rest of today and tomorrow. I could go on patrol tonight and tomorrow but I'd really rather not. Meeting a hero right now was not what I needed. Especially if I run into Eraserhead.

The events of yesterday replayed in my head. Eraser genuinely looked worried. It wasn't like him to show emotion, but he always acts differently around me. No doubt because I'm a kid and the underground heroes actually appreciated the vigilante's help. Unlike some heroes... Endeavor. I shivered despite the warm blankets draped over me.

I should ask Stain next time I meet him to put Endeavor as a priority on his list. Mentally sorting through my options I just decided to scroll through my phone until mom left. Then I'd get some food and watch a movie or catch up on some anime.

Tomorrow I'll have to pick up my uniform and mom will be out all day so I'll most likely just take a stroll through town. It would be nice to get out of the house as a regular citizen. Maybe grab some coffee tomorrow morning and some katsudon for dinner. Sounds like a plan.

I got up and grabbed my phone off of my desk before plopping back down on my bed. Crawling under the covers and becoming enamored on my phone.