Chapter 2

Adrien’s POV:

I’m so confused! Why was Marinette crying, why wouldn’t she look at me?!  What did father say to her? I looked back at the open door and saw the triumphant smirk on his face right before he closed the doors once again. I left And headed up to my room not understanding what has happened. I grabbed my phone and began to call Marinette to ask what was wrong, but I was only sent to voicemail. I called a few more times and texted her, but was met with silence each and every time.  I’m really worried, what happened to her, why won’t she answer? She always answers! I stared out of my window filled with worry for my friend.

The next day I woke up and began my usual daily routine. I quickly put on my regular black shirt with three stripes, my white over-shirt, my slightly faded blue jeans, and my orange tennis shoes. I quickly grab my bag and head downstairs for breakfast wondering how I’ll talk to Mari. I wonder what had happened yesterday that made her so upset. What did my father tell her? What happened? I get up and go to the Limo still confused and wondering what to do as we pull up to the school.  I thank Gorilla and walk up the steps towards Alya and Nino.

“ Hey guys, have you seen Mari? She seemed really upset after talking to my father yesterday and I just want to make sure nothing bad happened.”

They looked at each other, concern written on each other's faces shaking their heads no. 

“ Do you know what they were talking about? Weren’t you there?”

Alya asked, a bit confused. I shook my head no.

“ No, he asked me to leave. The room is soundproof as well, so even if I put my ear to the door I wouldn’t have heard anything.”

They nodded and looked at the bakery behind me. I looked back hoping to see Mari, but she wasn’t there. We waited for her until the warning bell rang, then we went to class feeling a silent sort of dread in the pits of our stomachs. Something wasn’t right, something bad was happening, but what? What was happening?! What was going on?!! What?!!! What?!!!! What?!!!!! All I have are questions, questions, questions. What is happening?! 

It wasn’t until second period that Marinette came into the room and she looked...Off. She wasn’t wearing her usual bright outfit, instead she wore a baggy black sweat-shirt with the hood pulled up over her head, she was wearing black jeans with black flats.  The only color she had was the pink satchel she carried everywhere she went. I tried to get a look at her face, but she kept her head down pulling the hoodie farther down when she neared me. As soon as she sat down I quickly turned to Alya to ask if I could switch seats with her to talk to Mari. She nodded and stood up.I thanked her as quickly switched and I scooted close to Mari, only for her to scoot farther away from me. I scooted away and tried to look at her face, but she just put her head down on her desk using her arms as cushions. I decided to try and comfort her by rubbing small calming circles on her back. She flinched, but didn’t pull away.  She started shaking, and I could hear her sniffle.

“ Mari, what’s wrong? Are you ok? What happened yesterday?”

I asked gently hoping she would say something. She just shook her head slowly, avoiding to answer the question.

“Mari PLEASE tell me whats wrong, what can I do to help you?”

I asked desperation bleeding through my voice.

Her trembling became more frequent, and I heard a small sob escape her lips.  I was really confused, so I quickly pulled her into a hug. She quickly pushed me away scooting to the end of the bench. I felt so hurt and confused.  What did I do? Why won’t she talk to me? Does she hate me again? Does she not want to be friends anymore? I didn’t touch her for the rest of class, just snuck small worried glances as she kept her head down. I took extra notes for her as it seemed she wasn’t in the mindset to be able to take some notes of her own. As soon as class ended I slid her the notes. She seemed surprised, but took it with a small nod. I gave her a gentle smile as she got up and quickly left to her next class. Sadly we didn’t have the same class next, but we had the same fourth, so maybe I can try talking to her again?  I hope she’s ok, I can’t have her get akumatized! I have to protect her!!