Chapter 39 - A Sweet Video Call

*Another super long chapter

Author's Note: I'm pushing back all of my updates to 2am UK time now. It's essentially been the same time for the last 1 or 2 weeks now, and I feel bad for never making it to around midnight.

Because all of these chapters are becoming a lot meatier, and because I procrastinate, it's just too hard to meet my own midnight deadline. I hope you all understand.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ethan was sitting in his office one evening as he was busying himself with work. The COO has been working overtime the last couple of days, because he had a lot more free time recently.

The head of advertising was putting in place one of the strategy's Ethan had suggested, and Ethan even managed a compliment from Lewis for his improved work ethic.

Ethan's work life was so much more productive when he wasn't being so obsessive about Thomas. He may not be able to see the bodyguard everyday anymore, but that couldn't stop Ethan from at least texting Thomas whenever he wanted.

Javier walked into Ethan's office after he opened the door, and sat opposite of his son. He had a smile on his face as he joked, "It's nice to finally see you work!"

Ethan rolled his eyes as he continued working. "Knock much?"

"You heard the door turning, same thing basically." Javier laughed. The older man then pointed over his shoulder as he asked, "You going to join us at the party?"

Ethan looked through the office window and saw how lots of people were still in the office past work hours. Ethan didn't get the memo on why so many people were staying in the office this late, and Ethan was unaware why his parents were invited also.

"What's the special occasion?" Ethan wondered.

Javier shrugged his shoulders as he had no clue either. "Me and your mom were just told to be here."

Harrison was next to walk into Ethan's office as he knocked on the door first before entering. "Come on guys! Everybody's waiting!" Harrison expressed eagerly.

Ethan walked with the both of them out of his office as he shut his door closed. He put his arm around Javier as they stood besides Camilla and the many other people who were looking at Kristen.

Kristen smiled at her husband as they stood besides each other. They both gave each other a reassuring nod as Kristen then began to address the crowd. "Sorry for this last minute meeting everyone, but we wanted to celebrate our good news with a little party."

People were murmuring about what the good news could be when Tamsen eventually asked, "What are we celebrating?"

Harrison was like an energetic little puppy as he couldn't stop squirming in his spot. The smile on his face was blinding as he squeezed Kristen's hand.

"We're having a baby!" Kristen screamed.

Camilla dropped her drink onto the floor as she quickly squealed with excitement. She sprinted up to Kristen and gave her daughter a loving hug. "You're both pregnant?!"

Harrison was also swallowed by Camilla's hug as he chuckled, "She's pregnant, but I was there for the-"

Ethan nervously laughed as he understood where Harrison's joke was going. He thought that it would be best for Harrison's mother in law to not hear the end of the joke. So Ethan raised his voice by shouting out loud, "Don't finish that last part!"