Chapter 6 - Boundaries

*Extended chapter

~~~~~~~~~~

Ethan walked through the cafe door as he was meeting his sister for breakfast. Scanning the very busy restaurant, Ethan found his sister sitting by the window.

Quickly greeting Kristen, Ethan sat down opposite her and asked. "You ordered yet?"

Kristen put her menu down so that she could see her brother. She was all smiles as she told Ethan, with glee, "2 orders of pancakes, and freshly squeezed orange juice for us both."

Setting his jacket aside on the space besides himself, Ethan rubbed his hands together as he was excited to fill his stomach with something sweet and fluffy.

Because Kristen had already ordered before Ethan sat down, it didn't take long for their food to be served.

Ethan didn't miss how the waitress deliberately leaned over his shoulder to serve his food, and Ethan couldn't help but notice that more than food was being offered.

"Thank you!" Kristen deliberately shouted out loud, making the young waitress blush with embarrassment.

Ethan chuckled to himself as he then went to pour syrup onto his own pancakes. He then did the same for Kristen, as he also gave her his strawberries since she loved them so much.

"Okay, you're forgiven."

Ethan already had a mouthful of pancakes when he mumbled out loud, "For what?"

"For endangering my husband, sweet little brother." Kristen laughed as she mentioned Harrison. She then held her fork up to Ethan as she asked him, "What happened to not getting into trouble?"

"I never promised that," Ethan said in between his bites of pancakes. "People chase me all the time anyway."

"That's why you're meant to be staying out of trouble!" Kristen kicked her brother's shin as she got annoyed with her brother's carelessness.

Ethan banged his knee against the table as he flinched because of the pain. Kristen caught her glass of orange juice before it was knocked over, and several diners turned to the commotion that was the Shelton siblings.

Kristen ignored all of the other looks as she berated Ethan. "I can't believe you're being so stupid about all of this!"

Ethan rubbed his shins as he tried to soothe the pain. "I'm not!"

Kristen dropped her cutlery onto her plate as she huffed with disgruntled annoyance. She smacked the side of her brother's head as she wanted it to sink into Ethan's stubborn mind.

"Yes. You. Are." Kristen said with every smack to his head.

Ethan grabbed Kristen's hand that was attacking him with one hand, and used his other hand to force his forkful of pancakes into Kristen's mouth.

"I'm not going to stop living my life because of some random crooks," Ethan told her. "If I was given a million dollars for every person that threatened me, then my net worth would be greater than Elon Musk."

"Thank god you don't have Twitter..."

Ethan didn't want to worry his older sister about the potential dangers he was dodging, "It's been less than 2 days since the casino incident, and so far nothing has happened since."

"So now they might!" Kristen shrieked. "This is why Mom and Dad hired the bodyguard, so those same people won't come for you again, stupid!"

Ethan forced out an exasperated laugh because he completely disagreed with the purpose of Thomas. "The so called bodyguard couldn't even track me down. In fact he hasn't even done anything to protect me yet - not that I need it."